Chapter 7- Bryce

I drove up to the address Grayson gave me in the evening time a few hours before dark and I'm not sure why, but I felt apprehension coursing through me. The house was big and backed up to a lake. It was beautiful and I immediately felt out of place.

"Wow, Daddy is this our new house?" Jasper explained from the back seat

"Wow, Daddy is this our new house?" Jasper explained from the back seat. I parked and turned around to see his eyes wide with excitement.

"This is daddy's friends house. We'll be living here for now. Remember Grayson, that tall man from TiTi's wedding?" I asked him. He grinned and nodded.

"Is he your special friends like mommy was?" He asked and I felt myself blush. This kid was young but observant as hell.

"I don't know." I told him truthfully. He was already onto other things so I got out of the car and unstrapped him.

"You made it." I head Graysons deep voice say from behind me. I set Jasper down and he took off towards the house. I was about to go after him but I saw an older lady crouched down in front of him to block his way. "Thats Oma Rose. I brought her over from the Netherlands 7 years ago when my Opa passed away. She's raised me and I couldn't bear for her to be alone over there since she's my only living relative and I'm hers. Shes willing to be a nanny for Jasper as long as you'd need. She lives about 5 minutes from here but comes over to cook for me everyday except Sunday."

I looked at him. I hadn't realized that I missed him until now and I was glad to be here with him.

"Thats so thoughtful. I can pay her whatever her rate." I said. He stepped closer to me and reached out to grab my hand.

"We can talk about it. Let me show you around first. Make sure you like it here." He said closing the back door. Another guy came out the house and went to my car, he looks to be in his 50s. "This is Daan. He's my Oma's boyfriend, you can say. He cleans the house and grounds and runs errands. Whatever you need he's your man. He'll bring your belongings in the house."

He led me inside before I could say anything else. I was speechless.

"Don't worry. I pay Oma and Daan very well and provide them everything they need. They insisted on working so I told them they could work for me. I don't want anyone mistreating my family." He added, answering questions I didn't even know I had. He squeezed my hand in reassurance.

When we walked inside it was bright and open with double doors opening up into the foyer. It was a simple style home but still I could tell it was very expensive.