Chapter 5: Start of the Hunt.

(My art i made on Tumblr for this chapter.

https://www.tumblr.com/carterstarlight25/748265302767321089/the-fall-of-the-giw-chapter-5

———-

???? POV-

The door slid open before him, revealing the chaotic mess of GIW Agents fretting over the machines.

Recently an ectoplasmic spike was detected in Gotham, New Jersey. And matched the signature of their prized Experiment. Who sadly was freed before the Fentons could deliver him to them. By that meddling group of kids who have been a pain in the ass for him.

"Agent A, Sir! We can't get an exact pinpoint on Phantom's Ecto-Signature. But it sparked up on the Nation Sensor. In Gotham." Called out one of the station monitors as he came over to sit at the head and look out the Window at Amity Park. His eyes scanning the city where it all started...

Their target was gone... He was hiding.

Not for long.

"Then send in ten vans toward Gotham, we do not want those spandex fools hearing about our operations." He growled out and turned to the grunt that told the the news.

"Umm, sir? But wouldn't they help us?"

Agent A couldn't help but huff in amusement, "No, they would believe that Ecto Scum. And try to take down our operations, if they break into our firewalls. And leak all our experiments. I'm sure they'll turn on us."

Everyone hissed at the idea and began working double time.

Oh how much he loved boosting moral.

But he couldn't shake the feeling...

Things were gonna spiral out of control...

And they will be unable to avoid it.

John-117 POV-

John sighed to himself mentally as he worked on removing his armor, using the newly fabricated parts needed to do so.

Katrina had sent the Bat-Computer the schematics and their fabricator built it out of Titanium... Not as strong as he needs it to be.

But it will work...

Despite already knowing he is 100% green and okay. His Mjolnir is capable of telling him hod vitals. But, Katrina told him to go through with the actual medical examine anyways.

He tried to get out of it, but she reminded him of Danny. And how he literally was about to break down because of the quilt. A quilt that Chief thinks, is unjustified. The kids powers went against him, and seeing as Danny explained he was supposed to go into his game.

Basically all but confirmed to the Spartan, that Danny was just the pawn. His powers turned against him on purpose.

He was supposed to be here. This was fate.

Did it stop the worry, Chief felt for being in a situation he was never prepared for? No. But he will work with it....

If they boy Jason told him the truth, that is. If a shady government organization was truly hunting down Danny and people like him who are connected to another Realm. Treating them less than humanly possible...

They needed to be taken care of...

Quickly.

Chief has always had soft spots for younger people. Kids, teens and young adults. They held the future in their hands. They were responsible for the outcome toward peace, stability, and security.