Vintage Dress

Pairing: Damon Salvatore x fem!reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N

Description: Before their wedding day, Damon surprises Y/N by gifting her the wedding dress that his mother wore at her wedding.

You never thought you'd settle down with just one person (or vampire). You jumped from man to man throughout your life, never wanting anything too serious, until you met Damon Salvatore. Something about him drew you to him, whether it was his charming personality or his knock-out smile. You couldn't figure it out. Well, whatever reason it was, you're glad you met him; he changed your life for the better, even if he is a vampire.

It was getting closer and closer to your wedding day, and you were becoming increasingly stressed. "I still haven't found my dress; nothing I've seen is good enough. It needs to be perfect. I can't and won't have anything mess up this day." Your shoulders sagged as the weight of the problem was beginning to weigh you down.

A pair of warm arms wrapped around your waist, and lips attached themselves to the crook of your neck. "Everything will be alright, baby. Please don't worry. I've got everything sorted." Turning around, you raised an eyebrow questioningly. What do you mean you've got everything sorted?" Damon chuckled as he tucked stray strands of hair behind your ear. "I was going to leave it a few more days until I showed you this, but I suppose it won't hurt if you have it early."

Damon kissed the top of your head before running to your bedroom, where you heard him rummaging around in the closet. You became curious and tiptoed towards the room to see what he was doing. "You know I can hear you breathing, right?" You halted in your tracks, cursing yourself. "Damn, your super hearing."

Damon slowly emerged through the doorway, holding the most beautiful wedding dress you had ever seen. Your mouth hung open as your eyes took in every last detail. "This was my mother's, the one she wore when she married my father. I knew I kept this dress for a reason the day I saw you."

Tears filled your eyes as happiness overcame you. Your fingers delicately traced over the intricate designs on the bodice and flowed through the material of the silhouette. "What did I ever do to deserve you, Damon?" He carefully hung it on the door and brought you close. "All you did was be yourself. You never need to be anything else; you're perfect." He leaned down and kissed you, a smile forming as you kissed him back. "Thank you for making me feel complete, D. You're all I could have ever asked for."