Confidant

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Damon Salvatore x fem!reader, Stefan Salvatore x fem!reader (platonic)

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N, Stefan

Description: Y/N is in love with Damon but doesn't know how to tell him. She confides in Stefan about it, and he encourages her to tell Damon.

You stared longingly at Damon who was currently flirting with a random girl at the bar of Mystic Grill. A tinge of sadness washed over you as you wished that you were the one that he was flirting with, his arm slung around your neck.

Truth is, you had been wanting Damon for a while. They had hatched when Klaus kidnapped you and used you as bait to lure the Salvatore brothers to him. Damon had rushed in and saved you from being his next blood bag, and since then your feelings for him only grew stronger. You had thought about telling him but you always held back in case he rejected you and it ruined your friendship.

Footsteps sounded behind you and a smell of a mixture of books and wood invaded your nostrils. You smiled as you knew that it was Stefan standing behind you. "What do you want, Salvatore?" He leaned over to rest his chin on your shoulder. "I want to know why you're sitting here, alone, ogling my brother." A small blush crept onto your cheeks as you quickly turned away to look at Stefan.

"I was not ogling him. I was simply checking to make sure that the girl was alright. We both know that Damon can be a bit full on sometimes." Stefan raised an eyebrow and you just knew that he didn't believe you. "C'mon, Y/N. You and I both know that's not true. Drool was practically dripping out of your mouth."

You laughed and playfully smacked his chest before your expression and demeanour turned sad and flat. "Hey, I was only kidding." A look of concern settled on Stefan's face as he pulled out the chair in front of you and sat down. "What's the matter?"

A stray tear fell down your cheek. "I've fallen in love with Damon. Ever since he saved me from Klaus, I've just been feeling something more for him. Seeing him with other girls and knowing that I will never be one of them just hurts me so much." Stefan looked a little confused by this point. "What makes you think that you'll never be one of them girls? Have you told Damon how you feel?"

You shook your head. "I can't. I don't want to ruin our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way." Stefan smiled knowingly as he reached across the table and grabbed your hand, squeezing it. "Well, I happen to know something. Damon feels the same. He's been telling me for months how he feels about you but he thought that you wouldn't see him like that because of the way that he is."

Your eyes widened and you couldn't stop the smile spreading across your face. "Really?!" "Yes! Now go over there and tell him!" You got up and walked over to where Damon was standing at the bar, alone now.

"Hey, stud." Damon smiled and turned to you, flashing that smile that you adored. "Your date gone to the bathroom?" He took a sip of whiskey. "Nope, gone home. She couldn't handle her drink so her sister took her. Amateur." You both laughed together until it turned into a comfortable silence.

"D, I have something to tell you. I've been wanting to tell you for a while but I was afraid that it would ruin our friendship and I couldn't risk that." "So, what's changed?" He took another sip of whiskey, a little quicker this time as nervousness settled in his bones."

"I've heard from a source that what I'm about to tell you will definitely not do that." You turned to Stefan and smiled as Damon followed your gaze. His eyes narrowed at his brother who gave him a playful smirk. "I love you, Damon, and every day that passes, my feelings for you grow stronger. I want to be the one that you bring to bars and sling your arm around."

Damon looked surprised at first but that expression soon turned into a smile as he took your hands in his, pulled you towards him and placed a gentle kiss on your lips. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that, Y/N. I love you to and I have done for a long time."

He kissed your lips once more before getting up from the bar, giving you his hand and leading you towards the door. "Just remember you guys, when you get married, it was all thanks to me." Stefan shouted across the room before Damon shot him a dirty look and walked you out of the bar to explore your new-found relationship.