Mute

Pairing: Damon x female!reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N, Stefan, Klaus, Bonnie

Description: Y/N is mute and is harboring a major crush on Damon. When Y/N is taken by Klaus, Damon has to get there in time to save her.

You have had a crush on Damon for as long as you can remember. The first time you seen him, he took your breath away. Everything about him drew you in. There was one downside though: you were extremely shy which made it harder for you to communicate with Damon. Each time Damon entered the room, your face beamed bright red and you had to leave in fear that he would notice. You wish you could tell him, but you were too scared that he’d reject you.

Damon always found your behavior a little odd. He thought that you hated him as you never stayed in the same room with him for more than 5 minutes. What you didn’t know was that he felt the same way, which was why he was an absolute wreck when he found out that Klaus had took you.

“This was not supposed to happen! She was supposed to be safe! I should have never told her about what’s really out there. If I didn’t, she’d still be here, with me, safe.”

Damon was prancing back and forth across the room, his hands running wildly through his hair. His breathing was beginning to get heavy as if he was struggling to catch his breath. Stefan noticed this and jumped up to aid his brother.

“Hey, HEY! It’s ok, were going to get her back. She’s going to be OK”. Damon closed his eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself down. Feeling his heartbeat slow down, he opened his eyes and looked at his brother with a small smile. “Thanks, brother. Now let’s get our little witchy friend on the phone and find Y/N.”

You groaned and opened your eyes, only to be met with a blanket of darkness. You tried to move your arms but found that they were tied tight to the arms of a chair, the same with your feet. You tried to scream, but your mouth was covered with duct tape. Tears began to stream down your face as thoughts began to race around in your head: ‘What if nobody finds me?’ ‘What if nobody realises that I’m missing?’ Your tears began to fall harder as your anxiety built up inside your body. Your struggled as hard as you could, but nothing was working.

Footsteps sounded in the hallway behind the door and you froze in fear. All you could hear was your heart beating hard and fast in your chest. The footsteps stopped outside the door and your eyes widened in fear. The door swung open and a dark, tall figure stepped inside. You began to struggle harder as you heard the door close. The light switched on and you could finally see where you were.

The whole room was bare apart from another chair right in front of you. The walls were made of stone and the windows were barred. You looked up at your captor and realisation swept over your face.

“Hello, darling. Ready to have some fun?” Klaus let out a dark chuckle as he edged slowly towards you, a maniacal grin on his face.

Once Bonnie found your location, Damon and Stefan rushed out of the door and raced to get to you in the car. They pulled up outside of an abandoned building and looked at each other before stepping inside. A scream sounded from the left side of the building and both the brothers rushed in that direction.

“Hold on, Y/N. I’m coming.” Stefan and Damon followed the sounds of your screams and ended up outside of a room. They knocked down the door and looked around frantically until they seen you curled up in a ball on the floor with Klaus standing over you.

Anger rushed through Damon as he took in the sight in front of him. He bared his fangs and jumped towards Klaus as Stefan rushed towards you. “Y/N, we're here now. You’re safe.” Recognising his voice, you slowly uncurled your body and jumped straight into Stefans arms.

Stefan and you watched as Damon threw Klaus across the room, throwing blow after blow to his face. “DON’T. YOU. EVER. COME. NEAR. HER. AGAIN!” Damon kept on going until Klaus was unconscious. He stood up and looked around the room for you, calming down when he found you safe in Stefan’s arms.

He raced over to you and took Stefans’ place, cradling your head in his arms. “I’m so sorry, Y/N. I should have been there to protect you. I should have never told you about what I really am. If I didn’t this would never have happened to you.” Your arms reached up around Damon’s neck and pulled him down towards you, crashing your lips onto his.

This took Damon by surprise, but he soon returned the favor and kissed you back. You hadn’t really spoken to Damon, so you poured everything you ever wanted to say to him into that kiss. Damon pulled away and grazed his fingers along your cheeks.

“I love you, Y/N. I always have. This will never happen again, I’m never leaving your side.”  You breathed in slowly and let out a deep breath. “I love you to, Damon. I’ve wanted to tell you, but I could never work up the courage to.” Your voice caught him by surprise. He hadn’t expected you to return his feelings, but he was sure glad that you did. He brought you in for another kiss, slow and passionate, but you were interrupted by Stefan clearing his throat.

“Whilst I’m glad that you two have finally gotten together, I think that we need to get out of here before Klaus wakes up.” Damon narrowed his eyes at his brother before standing to his feet and gathering you in his arms, carrying you out of the building to safety.

The fact that you had finally trusted him enough to speak to him meant the world to Damon and it made him love you even more.