"Remember this place?" Rohan asked, his voice a soft rumble beside me.

My heart skipped a beat. "How could I forget? This is where you turned into a nervous wreck and confessed you were completely in love ."

He chuckled, the sound warm and familiar. "Hey, I wasn't a wreck! Maybe a little tongue-tied, but definitely not a wreck."

"Uh-huh," I teased, bumping my shoulder playfully against his.

We walked down to the water's edge, the soft sand cool beneath our bare feet. We sat down, a comfortable silence settling between us, punctuated only by the chirping of crickets.

"Three years," I murmured, leaning my head on the space beside Rohan's shoulder. "It feels like both yesterday and a lifetime ago."

"Yesterday because these nights under the stars with you still feel like a dream," he replied, his voice turning serious. "And a lifetime because the wait to call you mine has felt like forever."

A thrill coursed through me as I squeezed the space beside his hand. "The wait is almost over," I whispered.

Suddenly, Rohan let out a dramatic sigh. "Oh, the woes of being a soon-to-be-married man."

I raised an eyebrow. "Woes? Do tell."

"Well," he drawled, "for one, I have to give up my single life and become a...responsible adult."

"Oh no," I said deadpan, "the horror!"

We both burst out laughing, the sound echoing softly in the stillness of the night. Looking up at the star-dusted sky, I felt a wave of pure contentment wash over me. This man beside me, with his goofy grins and silly jokes, was everything I ever wanted.

"You know," Rohan said, his voice turning soft again, "that night I confessed, I poured my heart out, but a part of me was terrified you wouldn't feel the same way."

A bittersweet smile touched my lips. "And here I was, worried you'd think I was crazy for falling for the charming guy who nearly tripped over his own feet trying to tell me he is in love ."

He nudged me playfully with his knee. "See? We were both messes."

"The biggest messes," I agreed, leaning my head against the space beside his again. We sat in comfortable silence for a while longer, lost in our own little world, a world bathed in moonlight and whispered promises of forever.

ROHAN

I gulp as I sat on the couch. I know if I get beaten up today I would not say anything. I took a deep breath. I stand up as soon as I heard the front door opening. Ahad entered looking at me with his worried eyes. Followed other two idiots. I stand there ready for the punches. Ahad opened his mouth to say something then closed his mouth.

" Hi " I said smiling. The three of them looked at me as if they are going to kill me right at this moment. " Look I'm finally going to Marry Haya so don't kill-- "

" I was finding you everywhere idiot " Ahad said in a breatheless voice. I pressed my lips together.

" You know how fucking scared we were, they said you... " Kashif gulp not continuing .