§Evën

Pov Author

Zeeshan was trying to ignore Zahir, deliberately looking as if he was concentrating on his phone.

His official nikkah had just finished thirty minutes ago, after he'd signed a few papers with Meera and the imam, explaining what it was all for and making sure they were both very happy.

It was then that Meera left with him, and he was sad to see Meera crying her eyes out on Imran's shoulder. He had sensed the extent to which Meera was attached to him and regarded him as a father figure. Imran had then left Meera at Hafsa's side, who seemed terribly affected, OK, she had let her Zoya go, but letting her little one go was another kind of pride and sadness that only a mother could understand.

"Take care of Meera, as I said, she's a gem, take it one step at a time and I'm sure she'll tell you all about her trials and tribulations, and I hope you will too"

Zeeshan remembered Imran's words, he had gently patted her on the shoulder before returning to his family. Zeeshan simply nodded, saying little. The next thing he knew, he was in his car with Zahir, who had forced himself to drive, while he decided that it would be better for Meera to be at his parents' side with Zoya. Surely they needed some perspective on the last few things that had just happened.

"WHAT BHAI?" he finally snapped out of his thoughts and stopped concentrating on his phone.

Zahir ruffled his little brother's hair, knowing how much he hated it when he did that. Zeeshan shoved Zahir's hand away and glared at him. He combed his hair again and checked the rear-view mirror. "I hoped you'd end up bald for lying to me all this time, boring man" said Zahir.

His comment didn't seem to affect Zeeshan at all, Zahir was used to saying that to him every time he was annoyed by him. But he kept quiet, he knew that Zahir hadn't finished speaking, a trait inherited from his mother who used to pause her sentences every time she started to scold them, you never knew when she was going to finish.

"What audacity! That day you arrived in my nikkah already married to Meera, and here I was like an idiot trying to set her up with you" he muttered annoyed.

Zeeshan arched an eyebrow, "What did you try to do? Set me up with Meera? Seriously Bhai" he asked, seeing yet another of his big brother's far-fetched plans, he remembered the time he had tried to do the same with a stalking girl.

"I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't something idiotic, Meera seemed to be sending out rather positive signals and it wasn't you who was going to make the first move, so I thought why not help you. Meera is far too incredible a girl for someone as boring as you, and although I wondered why she was interested in you, I remembered that love makes you blind and that she would be a perfect partner for you" he explained enthusiastically, while Zeeshan just looked at him with disillusionment, his older brother was surely a lost cause.

"but what a surprise that in the end you didn't need my help, you succeeded like a great man even if I'm somehow pissed off that you're older in marriage than I am" he said sulkily.

Zeeshan rolled his eyes, he couldn't work out whether brother was happy or annoyed or both, he was just moody and he didn't want to reach his folly so he reassured him alone.

"Bhai, stop trying to play the cupid and concentrate on your life, I remind you that you are going to become a father soon" he reminded him seriously.

But to his great despair, Zahir stuck out his tongue like a child before bursting out laughing "I'd be a fun father to my son, and you're just plain mean" he said simply before concentrating on the road.