Chapter 22

Hanna then opened her mouth and said,"I'm 27".Mr Reeve answered her with a disappointment lacing his voice,"Oh that's too young. I--. So . So sorry. You are just the spitting image of my-, my- daughter, Yvonne. She- passed away. " Hanna stared at him sadly and said,"I'm- so sorry to hear that."
Christian on hearing Mr Reeve's statement addressed both Vincent and Nancy saying,"You too apologize and you can go." On hearing this, Nancy shouted at her grandfather indignantly,"Grandpa! Are you really gonna let this trash ride all over us?" Mr Reeve asked incredulously ,"You actually hear yourself? Huh? Now, get yourself together and apologize to the Norton's. Now!" Nancy took a deep breath to calm her anger and gave a fake apology to Hanna saying,"I'm sorry." Christian on hearing her tone shouted out angrily and said,"Now get the f**k out of here before I change my mind." Nancy rolled her eyes and left the room. Vincent also made a move to follow her when Christian stopped him, stared him straight in the eyes and said,"Make sure that I never see you again." Vincent answered him and said, You won't." Then he left the room.Mr Reeve also moved to the door when Christian's called out to him saying,"Mr Reeve, a word please. Mr Reeve stopped and turned to face him," Christian on seeing this continued, saying,"I think there's a high possibility that you, Hanna and her sister are related." Hanna shouted out in surprise saying,"Christian, that's crazy!" Christian glanced at her briefly then turned to Mr Reeve and said,"We recently found out that her so-called parents aren't her biological parents." Then turning to Hanna saying,"Since you look so much like his daughter, there's a strong possibility that she could be yours and Summer's mother." Facing Mr Reeve he said,"A simple DNA test can prove can confirm it." Mr Reeve on hearing this simply said,"So that's all you need? Just a DNA test? No problem." Both Mr Reeve and Christian turned to Hanna waiting for her opinion. Christian on noticing her silence comfortingly said,"Even if you are a Reeve, you'll always be my wife." Christian held her head gently and placed a soft kiss on it. Hanna then nodded softly on hearing his words. The scene changed to show Vincent and Nancy walking towards the banquet hall, suddenly Vincent stopped and angrily reprimanded Nancy saying,"This is all your stupid idea." Nancy turned to him and shouted at him saying,"I told you to talk to her, not to attack her! You idiot!" Hitting him with her bag she asked,"Do you really have feelings for her?" Vincent tried to diffuse the tension and said,"Look I'm sorry. It's my fault. I love you, Nancy." This seemed to appease her anger as she humphed and said,"I love you too, Vincent." The sound of footsteps echoed in the hallway drawing Nancy's attention. On seeing her grandfather's figure, she turned to Vincent and said,"Grandpa's coming. I'll go talk to him." Then she turned and left him standing there. Vincent breathed out irritatedly on seeing Nancy's actions. Softly shaking his head, he then strode towards the exit and left the place.