chapter 1

Two women were seated at a cafe. One seemed to be engrossed in whatever paperwork was Infront of her flipping through paper by paper. The other seemed to be in a world of her own as she scrolled through her phone deeply concentrated. One would swear they were strangers with the way they were ignoring each other.

Suddenly a young blond haired guy dressed in a black suit came into view with a girl dressed in a black flowy dress and with short black, curly hair. They strutted towards the seated pair.

The girl flipping through the numerous papers abruptly turned her head towards the two approaching figures while the other girl glanced at them, then shifted her attention back to her phone not really giving the pair much attention.

The girl swiftly pinched her sister, saying," Hanna, Hanna". The girl named Hanna brought her attention to her sister, annoyance lacing her voice she asked,"Summer what is it? Can't you see I" but before she could finish her sentence, she heard a high pitched voice say,"Vincent, I know you said she was poor but you didn't tell me she was also a piece of trailer trash". Hanna abruptly stood from her chair and with a strained voice she said,"What did you say about my sister, repeat it and I'll rearrange your face so much so that you'll never have a man ever again". Summer firmly gripped Hanna, saying,"Hanna,hey look at me,calm down please don't listen to them. Oh! and you funny that he didn't tell me that his new girlfriend is a slut either".

Nancy, Vincent's girlfriend looked at Summer mockingly and said,"Bitch". Vincent on seeing their banter then said impatiently,"All right cut the crap. Summer you called we're here, what do you want". Summer answered back in the same uninterested tone as Vince,"I don't wanna waste my time on a two-timing asshole either. Here's everything you owe. Tuition, half the rent, expenses". Vince and Nancy stared at the papers before them then Nancy said,"$25 900. You're insane".Hanna said in a calm voice,"Actually she's not insane because your boyfriend couldn't do anything for himself but he had to rely on my sister for help so I'd say she deserves her money and interest. I do somewhat agree with you that she's a little insane because I told her to not get involved with him but what can I say she's my sister".
Summer answered calmly,"$25 000 and we can call it even". Vincent said in a disgusted voice,"When did you become such a greedy skank?". Hanna said,"Her? Greedy?You were literally the one who cheated on her and after all the heartbreak you've put my sister through I'd call it a bargain."

The scene then changes to show a distressed Summer siting in front of a table filled with papers scattered all over and her fingers were dancing over a calculator. A woman dressed in a flowing, flowery dress walks into the room and on seeing what Summer was doing,says,"Summer please tell me whatever numbers you're crunching aren't for Vincent". Summer answers her tiredly,"Just making sure that he stays in school." Jess irritatedly asks,"Can't he get a job or something. I mean why should you put him through law school?" Summer sighs weakly and tries to stand up from the chair. Suddenly a wave of dizziness washes over her making her lean on the table and Jess to reach out and steady her. Jess worriedly asks,"Summer are you okay?" She answers weakly,"Yeah,I'm fine. I'm just a bit lightheaded." Jess quickly looks at a paper on top of the table and quickly figures out that it's a blood donation form. Angrily she says,"You're selling blood on top of working three side hustles?" Summer guiltily shifts her gaze to the ground while Jess continues lecturing her,"Are you crazy?" Summer answers annoyance lacing her voice,"I'm fine Jess. Okay? This is the only way that Vincent can stay in school. Please don't tell anyone." Jess reluctantly agrees.

Suddenly they hear a voice, saying,"Summer are you really going to continue abusing yourself like this. You're my baby sister even though it's by one minute but I care about you so please stop this." Summer looked apologetically at her sister and said," Sis I know that but please allow me to do this. I really care about Vince so please let me do this." Hanna stared intently at her sister and on seeing the determination in her eyes,she sighed weakly. Then she strode up to her sister and said,"Okay because I can see that you really care about this damn boy then I will allow you to do this but under one condition which is that you allow me to help." Summer tried to refuse but a stern look from Hanna had her agreeing to the condition. Hanna said,"Good, now let's get some food in you since you look so pale,but I swear that if this guy dares to hurt you I'm gonna kill him with my bare hands." While Hanna walked towards the kitchen, she mumbled lowly and said,"This is one of the many reasons I won't fall in love."

Back to present day Summer stared with hurt filled eyes at Vincent, and said,"Vincent I supported you for five years. I helped you through law school. I believed in you. I loved you, and how do you repay me?" Nancy rolled her eyes at Summer and crossed her eyes in disgust as Summer continued pouring out her heart. Summer continued saying,"by crawling into her bed?" Vincent irritatedly answered her saying,"Come on don't play the victim card. I didn't ask you to do that." Nancy readily jumped into the conversation saying,"You think Vincent will stay with you for $25 000? In your dreams!" Ruffling through her bag she threw money on the ground and said with a smile plastered on her face ,"Here, $30 000. I threw in some extras so you can go see a plastic surgeon and fix that face." Hanna on seeing Nancy 's action slowly said,"Pick. It. Up."