Chapter 9

The scene changed to show Hanna back at the luxurious Norton villa. She walked into the bathroom and standing in front of the huge mirror she started removing her pearl shaped earrings and placing them on the granite countertop. While she was wrestling with her second earring Christian came into the room and covered her eyes. On feeling his hands she couldn't help but ask,"Christian, what are you doing?" Christian removed his hands and Hanna turned to face him. Christian then said while encircling her waist,"Someone told me to wait at home, and I did as I was told so..." He then swept her off her feet and carried her bridal style while moving towards the king sized bed,"I think I deserve a little reward."

The scene changed to show Christian and Hanna on the bed, as Christian ravished her body and peppered kisses from her ear down to her neck. Hanna's back arched as he sucked passionately on her neck drawing moans of pleasure from her swollen red mouth. He slowly pushed her down on the bed and continued ravishing and worshipping her body making her body burn with the raging flames of desire. The night continued as the flames of passion burned incessantly.

The sun rose over the horizon creating a mirage of yellows,reds and oranges painting the bright blue sky. A woman sat on the plush couch of Christian and Hanna's villa sipping a cup of tea. Hearing the crisp sound of clicking heels her head swerved to look at Hanna's approaching figure. Hanna who was dressed in a blue,flowy dress and a blue suit top and black, shiny heels and on seeing the unfamiliar woman lounging on the couch she looked at her curiously. The woman opened her mouth saying,"Oh, look what time it is." Then she slammed the cup on the dark brown coffee table and looked at Hanna, criticism written all over her face,"Don't you know Christian has to go to work? Where's breakfast? Is this how you serve your husband?" Hanna held back her anger saying,"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Her shrill voice sounded as she answered her question,"I'm your so-called mother-in-law for now." Then she ignored Hanna and turned to flip open a checkbook while saying,"Now tell me, how much is it gonna take for you to leave my son?" By now she was looking at Hanna intently and continued,"Name your price." Hanna firmly said,"I didn't marry Christian for money. Mrs Norton. If you have a problem with our marriage, it's Christian that you should be talking to. Not me!" Christian then walked into the room and stood behind Hanna and placed a reassuring hand on her back. Mrs Norton on seeing Christian hurriedly said,"Your wife has a wife on her!" Christian calmly said to her,"Mother, don't." Mrs Norton looked at Christian sternly and said,"Christian Norton Jr, you are the sole heir of the Norton Enterprise." While she was speaking Christian ignored her and laced his fingers with Hanna. Mrs Norton continued her rant,"You can't marry a woman like this!" She gestured to Hanna with her mouth curled in disgust. That's it you two are getting a divorce today!" Christian calmly said,"Why don't you just go? This is not up to you. Mother. Let me walk you out." Mrs Norton looked at Christian and stuffed her checkbook in her bag while, saying,"I know where the door is!" Christian simply said,"Good." She stood from the sofa and strutted towards the door but she momentarily stopped at Christian's side, saying,"Christian, you better get a divorce today or you'll regret it. Christian swatted at her as she left the house. Countless thoughts flitted through Hanna's mind,"Christian's mother really doesn't like me. What if they don't get along because of me, I've never experienced a mother's love and I wouldn't want Christian to miss out on his because of me." Christian turned to Hanna and gave her a side hug, saying,"You are the first girl that has ever stood up to mother. Hanna jokingly answered,"What. Did I not show your mother enough respect?" Christian made a funny face and shook his head,"Quite the contrary, I f***ing loved it." He then pulled Hanna towards the door while saying,"Let me drive you to work. Come on baby." Then they both left the house.