Chapter 19: The picky young man

AN: Here's a new chapter. Introducing a new character. Don't worry it wasn't an OC character.

Can you guess who it is?

The character is not one of the main characters of Totcf.

Chapter 19: The Picky Young Man

                Wandering around the shops of Vegas City, a young man is accompanied by his entourage of servants. He glances at the various shops with a scrutinizing gaze for a few brief moments before losing interest. His eyes drifted into another shop and urged his servants to follow after him.

The vendors of the previous shop were sighing in exasperation. Relief, regret, and annoyance towards the young man are inside their minds.

As expected of the son of a noble. The young man is a very picky one when it comes to their products. Since he was a noble, was he interested in their products or was he just there to mock their products inside their minds?

When the young man thinks that he has had enough of observing the products of the vendors of Vegas City Shops at the Market, the expression on his face turns into displeasure and disgust.

Eventually, the young man and his entourage returned to the hotel where they were currently staying when it was already sunset.

" None of the products of vendors or owners were worthy as a gift. "

The young man commented as they arrived at the Dining Hall of the hotel. The 6 servants accompanying him stopped blurting out their sarcastic, blunt, or harsh remarks.

It would be best for them to keep their young master in the best mood and avoid hurting his feelings. The young master that they were serving after all was known as someone who was particularly sensitive.

" I hope that the auction tomorrow and the next 2 days have items worthy of the caliber of becoming a gift. "

The servants sighed upon hearing the young man. If the rarest Golden Tree House auction items of the Vegas City of the Caro Kingdom aren't worthy of becoming gifts, then nothing in this world would even qualify.

However, the servants could understand the young man's pickiness. A gift worthy of that person, if they were the young master who was capable of buying anything, then they would also choose the best gift for that person.

While the servants are standing beside the young man and the latter are sitting and waiting for his dinner, a terrified squeaky sound comes out of the young man when he sees a person accompanied by other important-looking people entering the dining hall of the hotel.

" Prince Adin! "

The young man becomes terrified when he notices that he blurted out the imperial prince's name loudly. The young man started shivering in fear when every person inside the dining hall turned to stare at him.

Even Imperial Prince Adin appeared to be surprised to see his face for a brief moment before directing him with a friendly and kind smile. Imperial Prince Adin chose to dine at a table with his acquaintances near the young man's table.

When the food for him is already prepared, the young man can't even eat the delicious food prepared for him. He was hungry. He wanted to eat the food. But his body can't move. He can't pick up the fork and knife. His body was engulfed in the cold.

As time passed, the young man remained looking down at the table staring at the delicious stake. Eventually, he can feel someone pat him on his shoulder, the voice that gives him fear and nightmares whispered in his heart.

" It's a pleasant surprise to meet you here at the Vegas City. How about we talk after the 3-day auction ends? "

The hand left his shoulder, the young man could hear Imperial Prince Adin mentioning visiting his friend Prince Valentino. When Imperial Prince Adin and his entourage left the dining hall, tears leaked out of the young man's eyes.

No matter how friendly Imperial Prince Adin behaves towards him, the young man can't stop his body from reacting in fear despite him not wanting to fear the Imperial Prince. It was like his body was telling him how dangerous the imperial Prince was. It was like the Imperial Prince was hiding something behind the harmless smile.

After a while, the young man wiped his tears and his body eventually calmed down. Using the fork and knife, he cut a little piece of steak and ate it.

The steak was already a little cold. Yet the young man chooses to continue to eat them instead of complaining and demanding to replace his dinner. The young man's servants are surprised.

Seeing the surprised gazes directed at him, the young man was a little annoyed. With dew of tears in the lid of his eyes, he responded.

" What are you gawking at? The steaks are completely fine even if they are already cold and a little hard. "

Is this a miracle bestowed by the Sun God or the God of Death?

" .. Besides.... It was my fault anyway that the steak became like this since I didn't eat it immediately. "

This is a dream.

" After I eat, you can request the chefs to prepare any food that you all want. Fill your stomach with delicious food. "

If this is what happened every time that the young man would encounter the Imperial Prince, should they steer their master to meet the Imperial Prince so often?

Nope, they can't even if they want it. They don't need their young master to be frightened to death and die so young.

As long as their master wasn't in the proximity or thinking of that person, their master was capable of thoughtful decisions and actions. Being responsible and not acting immature.

Eventually, the young master decided to return to his room on his own. Insisting that he can return on his own while the servants feed themselves.

The young man's sleep was restless and he would occasionally be woken up from his nightmares. When the morning arrives, the young man wakes up lacking in sleep.

The first auction of the Golden Tree Auction House is here and now it's time for him to choose a gift worthy for his sister.

Unexpectedly, the gift that the fourth prince of Breck Kingdom, Prince Pen has chosen and decided for his sister was stolen by Imperial Prince Adin himself.