Chapter 9: Self-Pity

AN: anyway, how is the fanfic so far?

Chapter 9: Self-Pity

When Allen came across Lady Pride for the first time since his arrival in this world, he learned several important facts.

Just like back in his world, the Demons could communicate telepathically to their host. Unfortunately, Allen discovered several differences after his encounter with Lady Pride.

Firstly, Lady Pride can't possess humans whenever she wants like how she used to possess her sister once upon a time like the Demon of Gluttony. It means that in this new world, the conditions applying to Lady Pride also apply to the other vessel Demons in this world.

Allen discovered that Lady Pride's soul couldn't get out of the pocket mirror. She was trapped in her vessel. Back in his world, Allen has learned that the Demon of Wrath and Envy have left their vessels for years with their vessels still intact and the demons in control of their vessels.

Here, they can't leave at all remaining trapped in the objects that sealed their sinful souls.

Maybe, it has to be the fact that these Sin Vessels are made up of copies that it was weaker than the Original Sin Vessels. The demons inhabiting the sin vessels of this world are merely copies of the original demons.

Recent findings that Allen discovered from Lady Pride could apply to the other demons- Once Lady Pride has made a contract, she can't violate it or destroy the established contract with the contractor whenever she wants. Unless she finds a loophole in the contract, she can't be free from being bound by her contractor.

Allen watched the Demon of Self-Pity looking smugly at them. Inside he was wary towards the Demon. Back in his world, there was only 1 Demon of Pride. It was only Lady Marie despite the gem that she was inhabiting had been turned into 4 mirrors.

Here, according to Lady Marie's vague memories since she was created in this world by Ma, Pride was split into 4 aspects.

The 1st Pride was Lady Marie.

The 2nd Pride is this Demon possessing the poor son of Count Deruth Henituse.

" Devil? "

Allen frowned when he heard those words. He briefly glances at the deputy butler named Hans when the servant mutters those words both in fright and inquiry.

' The Demon is calling itself Devil. '

With an arrogant smirk plastered on its face. The Devil answered haughtily.

" I am above the cretins from the Demonic Race. I am a manifestation of evil... "

' So there are Native demons that belongs to this world. '

Sweeping Basen's dark brown eyes to Allen, the Devil grimaces in distaste.

" My other self, Pride of Authority, I never rue the day of lowering yourself beneath a human and making a contract. "

Allen took out the compact mirror under his robes and opened them. The others glance in interest at his actions and are surprised when a little girl manifests out of nowhere. She has long light grey-green hair and wearing a white dress covered by a long blue coat.

Raising her head arrogantly, Marie glanced at the other Pride with the same disgust directed at her.

" Even you are the same Pride as my great myself, It's a pity that you would never comprehend my greatness. "

The Devil of Pride possessing Basen has an irritated look on its face. Glaring at Marie and clenching Basen's fist tightly.

" Care to repeat what you said? "