Part 1: Can i paint you?

Simran sat on the porch swing, her gaze wandering over the garden bathed in the warm hues of the setting sun.

She twirled a lock of her chestnut hair around her finger, lost in her thoughts.

Nearby, Aarohi, her younger sister of seven years, giggled as she chased a butterfly, her innocent laughter adding a touch of joy to the tranquil evening.

Ranvijay, Simran's fiancé, leaned against a pillar, watching the scene with a soft smile.

Despite being only seventeen, his demeanor exuded a sense of maturity beyond his years.

His eyes followed Aarohi protectively, a natural instinct that had grown stronger since their parents had announced the alliance between Simran and him, binding their families together.

It was a union agreed upon by their parents, a decision Ranvijay had accepted to avoid any family discord.

Simran, on the other hand, had developed a crush on him long before their engagement was even considered.

She often found herself stealing glances at him, admiring his calm and composed nature.

As Aarohi danced around the garden, her eyes sparkled with delight.

She skipped over to Ranvijay, clutching a box of watercolor paints in her small hands. "Ranvijay bhaiya, can I color on you?" she asked innocently, her excitement palpable.

Simran's heart sank slightly at Aarohi's endearing request.

She knew Aarohi adored Ranvijay, seeing him as the protective elder brother she never had.

Simran's jealousy flared up, realizing that Aarohi's affection for Ranvijay was pure and uncomplicated, unlike her own tangled feelings.

Before Ranvijay could respond, Simran intercepted, her tone laced with irritation.

"Aarohi, don't be silly. You can't just color on people like that. Ranvijay is not a canvas," she scolded, her jealousy making her words sharper than intended.

Aarohi's smile faltered momentarily, hurt flickering in her innocent eyes.

Ranvijay, however, stepped forward, his protective instincts kicking in.

He gently ruffled Aarohi's hair, his voice calm yet firm.

"It's okay, Aarohi. If you want to paint, we can find something else to paint on,"

he reassured her, shooting a subtle glance at Simran, silently reprimanding her for her harshness.

Simran felt a pang of guilt as she realized her own insecurities had caused Aarohi's moment of joy to dim.

She softened her expression, offering a weak smile to Aarohi.

"I'm sorry, Aarohi. Let's find a proper canvas for your masterpiece," she said, trying to make amends.

Aarohi's smile returned, her innocence untouched by the brief discord.

With Ranvijay's guidance, she picked up a blank canvas, and together they embarked on a colorful adventure, painting a world of their own creation,

As Aarohi and Ranvijay immersed themselves in their painting,

Simran watched them with a mix of emotions swirling within her.

She couldn't deny the warmth that radiated from the scene—the way Ranvijay patiently explained different colors to Aarohi, the way Aarohi's eyes widened with wonder at each stroke of the brush.

Simran's thoughts drifted back to the day her parents had announced her engagement to Ranvijay.

At first, she had been indifferent, viewing it as a familial obligation. But from inside she was quite smirking even a thought being his wife.

His kindness, his protective nature towards Aarohi, and even his occasional teasing had all contributed to her growing attraction.

Yet, beneath her infatuation lay a layer of doubt and insecurity.

She wondered if Ranvijay saw her only as not a wife as she planned, someone he had agreed to marry out of respect for their families. Did he ever think about simran the way he looked at aarohi?

Lost in her thoughts, Simran didn't notice Ranvijay walking towards her until he spoke softly, "You're quiet today, Simran. Is everything okay?"

He had kind friendshio vibe with her, no hard feelings.

He had been quite child from birth. He don't much.

As their family arranged their marriage it was quite tough to say yes. He don't love her nor will be.

He never looked at her as someone who can complete him!

She never tried to understand him but got put off because of his looks.

That's the mainly thing what Attracts her.

Startled, Simran looked up, meeting his warm gaze. "I'm fine," she replied quickly, trying to mask her inner turmoil.

Ranvijay sat beside her, his presence comforting yet unsettling in its effect on her emotions. "You know, Aarohi adores you," he said with a small smile, gesturing towards where Aarohi was now proudly displaying their colorful creation.

Simran managed a smile, though it felt strained. "She's a sweet girl," she replied, her gaze drifting back to the painting. "You're good with her."

Ranvijay chuckled softly. "She's easy to be around. Innocence has a way of making everything simpler."

Silence settled between them, the only sound being Aarohi's laughter as she recounted her painting adventures to her mother, who had joined them in the garden.

After a moment, Ranvijay spoke again, his voice gentle.

"Simran, I know this situation is... unconventional. But I want you to know that I don't see our relationship, whatever form it takes."

Simran's heart skipped a beat at his words, her gaze meeting his earnest eyes.

"Ranvijay, I..." she started, unsure of what she wanted to say.

Before she could continue, Aarohi bounded over to them, holding out her hands proudly. "Look, didi! Ranvijay bhaiya helped me paint this tree. Isn't it beautiful?"

Simran tends to avoid her now.

"Go away , arohi don't disturb us!"

She said, ranvijay put arohi in his hands and turned back towards simran and said.

"Think about again! I'm not for you, nor you are for me.. "

He walked out with arohi.

______________________________

It's dark theme story so be caution as i warned you before..

Thanks.

Vote !!
I'll be please by it.