VII: BEYOND THE STARS

Start from the beginning

"I said. It is. It's indeed beautiful." He smiled as he looked away and turned his eyes above.

Ano yon? Maganda daw yung mga bituin pero sa akin siya kanina naka tingin?

He teasingly look at me as he caught me still staring at him. "What? Aren't satisfied with my answer?"

I unconsciously nodded. Still thinking kung ano ang connect ko sa mga bituin at sa akin siya naka tingin kanina, when he said that it's indeed beautiful.

He faced me. "I said, it's beautiful."

"A-are we still talking about the sparkling stars?" I even stutter. Gosh.

He smiled. "Who says I'm talking about the stars?"

"H-huh?"

"I'm talking about you. About how beautiful, fascinating, and enchanting you are. You're more beautiful than those sparkling stars. You're more glowing than them." He smiled widely as he cupped my face. "You're beautiful. So beautiful. The word beautiful is not enough to describe how breathtaking you are. You're more than that word. You're way beyond that."

Kumurap kurap ang mga mata ko as I stared at him through his eyes, as he said those words.

Is he, somewhat confessing?

"W-hat did you s-say?"

Best in stutter goes to Daine Morales Alejandro. Kanina pa ako na u utal utal dito.

He chuckled with my reaction as he squeeze my cheeks gently that made it burnt red as it is already red since earlier.

"I don't want to repeat it again kasi alam kong narinig mo naman talaga ang sinabi ko." He let my face go as he grabbed his guitar and placed it in his lap.

"What are you doing?" Finally. Nakuha ko'na din mag tanong without stuttering.

"I'll sing you a song. Hmm. Haharanahin din kita." He winked that made my cheeks burn red.

Ako naman ngayon ang namumula ang mukha. Gosh.

Tinakpan ko ang namumula kong mukha at mabilis na tumalikod sa direksyon niya. I heard his laughed na sinundan ng tunog nang gitara.

I slowly turn around and his wide smile welcome me. I just look at his fingers na ngayon ay nagpapa lipat lipat na sa strings ng gitara.

I lie awake at night
See things in black and white
I've only got you inside my mind
You know you have made me blind

His voice is so beautiful. I must admit that. The way his voice is so malamig and mabini. Bumabagay sa malamig na gabi.

Can't help but to stare at him as he stared at me intently. I watch as his lips open up while singing and his cheeks burn red again.

I lie awake and pray
That you will look my way
I have all this longing in my heart
I knew it right from the start

The song he's playing and singing is one of my favorite song. As this song dedicated to a man. It's so rare kasi for a song na di-ne-dedicate sa lalaki. Karamihan para sa mga babae.

And to think na he's singing this song for me?

I don't know what to feel.

Oh my pretty pretty boy I love you
Like I never ever loved no one before you
Pretty pretty boy of mine
Just tell me you love me too