Chapter no.125 Misty's Surprise

Start from the beginning

" Golduck, use a water gun."

" Gravity "

The entire jet of incoming water froze in front of Clefairy, as it went on accumulating, though instead of a sphere, this time it became a wall of unmoving water, a testament to the level to which Austin had trained Clefairy in the move " Gravity " using sand. The training of moving sand and giving it shape through pure gravity had helped Clefairy who had reached an unbelievable level with gravitational manipulation. All of that training had resulted in Clefairy's current mastery over the move " Gravity ".

Misty gaped at the sheer power and beauty of the move before ordering another attack. "Use water pulse. Destroy that barrier."

The water pulse splashed against the barrier, but just like before, it settled on the surface, adding to the thickness of the water barrier levitating in front of Clefairy.

"Ice beam, golduck!"

The audience watched, enraptured as the entire wall of stationary water got hit by the powerful Ice-beam, transforming into a thick layer of ice instead.

"No way." Misty breathed.

" Disarming Voice "

The fairy-type move quickly moved through the ice slab, shattering it into pieces, creating dozens of ice-meteors, all of them falling to the platform, propelled by Clefairy's gravity.

"Golduck, jump into the water, now," Misty replied, knowing that the ice, because of its density, would float on the surface, creating a wall in front of Clefairy, should it try any other attacks. Just as expected, the ice-meteors slammed down onto the water body, splashing water all around, completely drenching both trainers in the process.

"Ash Ketchum!" Misty snarled.

" Sorry!" Austin squeaked, before returning to the match. "Clefairy, use bolt on the water."

"No, Golduck get out of the water now!"

It was easier said than done. While the ice layer would be a protection against gravity attacks, the large chunks of ice also hindered Golduck's movement inside the water. Thus, when the thunderbolt came slamming down into the water body, the sheer amount of electricity encompassed the entire platform, almost electrocuting Golduck who lay in the middle of it.

"Golduck, NO!" Misty screamed, before quickly pulling her Pokeball and returning her pokémon. Once safely returned, she released him back to the ground, only to find him unconscious.

"Golduck is unable to battle. Clefairy is the winner." The referee declared.

Returning Golduck, Misty glared at Austin. "That was a dirty move, you know."

Austin shrugged. "It worked. We are on a water platform, and you are the wannabe water master. Surely I deserve to take any advantage I can get against such overwhelming odds?"

"That's manipulative and underhanded, Ash Ketchum," Misty yelled.

"Your compliment is well-accepted." Austin mock-bowed.

Misty gritted her teeth. "You were much better before. Battling has made you cocky."

Austin looked down on the floor as he thought about his previous actions.

Was the mask of arrogance he was wearing to fool his opponents becoming a part of him?

"It's your funeral," Misty muttered darkly, as she choose her next pokémon. "Misty calls, Gyarados!"

And all hell went loose.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin's eyes widened into large, gaping saucers as he took in the sheer size of the colossal behemoth in front of him. To his knowledge, Gyarados usually were in the range of fifteen to twenty-three feet, and had aquiline body color all over, except the underbelly which was usually pale-yellowish in color. This behemoth on the other hand, easily topped thirty-five feet by the minimum, and instead of the aquiline shade, its scales were crimson red. Bloody hell, the colossal thing was bigger than the platform altogether.

An honest-to-god shiny Gyarados.

Austin gulped. "Umm… Misty, you do know right that I can always offer to purchase you a new dress for the one I just drenched?"

" Gyarados is one of my oldest pokémon." Misty cooed- yes, she cooed—at the infernal creature, who bent lower, much lower so that it could reach Misty's hands, as she caressed her jaw, "—and she's downright protective of me."

Gyarados let out an infernal roar.

Meanwhile, Austin's mind was racing as he thought,' Didn't misty have some kind of fear of Gyarados that they would get the better of her ....oh wait ! that was for the Gyarados she caught during the series.'

It must be noted, that at this moment, more than two-thirds of the audience had vanished from their seats, and the remaining ones had pokémon out, ready to shield them from the monstrous creature that looked way heavier than the entire ship altogether.

" Uh… Miss Waterflower?" The referee asked politely- unbelievable, yes—but politely indeed, "are you sure that you are going to battle with that- Gyarados on this ship?"

Misty looked slightly puzzled. "Yes, why?"

Austin just raised both of his hands, pointing out everywhere, at the nearly empty spectator stands.

"Oh." Misty realized. "Why don't we have a match in the sea then?"

Austin looked at her like she had gone completely past crazy. "Misty… a battle with a Gyarados in the sea? Especially with a large ship at such proximity?"

"Right," Misty replied sheepishly. She turned toward the referee. "Will be able to choose another pokémon as a substitute for Gyarados, considering your hesitation in allowing her to fight here?"

"Normally no, but these are special circumstances, so considering the safety of the crowd, I will allow that just this once. Please keep the conditions of the battle in mind."

"Right," Misty replied, the sheepish expression still on her face. "Return, Gyarados." She stared at Austin, who hadn't issued a single order to Clefairy during the battle. Either Clefairy was simply that good, or Ash must have his ways to-

So that's it. A thin smirk appeared on her lips, as she took out another Pokeball and threw it into the water. "Misty calls, Sharpedo."