Chapter no.69 Alpha Pokemon

Read advance chapters (+ 170 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

" Wait then why did Prof. Oak give it to me?" Austin asked in shock standing up. "There were two other trainers from Pallet that left that day so why did I receive one?"

"Only Prof. Oak can answer that," Bill said with a shrug. "But if you ask me it's probably because of how much like Red you are."

'How much like Red I am-?' Austin stopped with wide eyes as a possibility struck him.

Blue was their father of Gary considering how Bill just said he was the son of Prof. Oak.

Austin slowly sat down as he wasn't sure if he was even right with this line of thought.

… Could Ash's father be Red?

Hell, he could be overanalyzing this but the thought just stayed with him.

"But still you should probably keep the Pokedex to yourself," Brock said a little worried. "With the amazing stuff it was shown to do, you wouldn't want it in the wrong hands."

'Like Team Rocket.' Austin thought now realizing the magnitude of this Pokedex as he swallowed nervously.

"G-Got it."

"On another note, I hope I'm not being too nosy but how many Pokemon do you have Ash?" Bill asked curiously.

"Uh well, I have nine Pokemon," Austin said being thankful for the change of conversation. "But counting the evolutions into it up to Sixteen "

"That's a good amount for a beginning trainer these days," Bill said with a smile. "Not too many but not a small amount either and you guys have at least three each?"

That last question was directed to Yellow, Brock and Misty who gave a nod.

"Altogether the amount of Pokemon you would have together is nineteen," Bill said to them. "Everyone has a different meaning in using Pokemon. Us being human and the Pokemon being who they are alongside us."

[ At Night ]

While everyone was sleeping, Austin and Charmander went to Bill who had been informed by professor oak about Charmander's situation.

Bill took both of them to his inner lab where he began his check-up while Austin was there for Charmander.

" This…" Bill declared, "-is nothing short of extraordinary, Ash." The researcher looked up from his microscope. "Charmander's genetic sample is… fascinating. It is almost like I'm seeing the genetic samples of a Garchomp in a fashion."

Austin's mind was racing a thousand miles per minute but do not arise any suspicion he said, "Garchomp?".

"A Sinnoh-native. It is the apex dragon species in that land. The Sinnoh Champion Cynthia has one, and Arceus knows that specimen is nothing short of legendary."

Austin just nodded as he knew full well what kind of a beast Garchomp was.

"However, it seems like someone has been experimenting on artificial dragon breeding, and has produced somewhat successful results. Your Charmander himself is an example of that."

"You mean to say that Charmander was born in a lab, by artificial breeding?"

Austin took a deep breath as this had pretty much confirmed it.

Charmander was just like Red's Eve.

"I'm sure of it." Bill frowned. "There is only one thing that confuses me, which is the other peculiar symptoms that your little friend is showing. His inner flame is notoriously low for both species, and his monster gene, which he has acquired from the Charizard side of his parents, is… dormant, for lack of a better word."

"Inner-flame? Monster gene? What does that mean?"

Bill looked up. "Sorry, I'm not used to talking in layman's terms." He looked embarrassed. "Let's put it this way. Fire-type Pokémon have something known as an inner flame inside them, a form of spiritual fire that is, in layman's terms, their connection to fire, so to say. Different fire types demonstrate various forms of materializing their inner flame on their physical self. For Charmander, it is the flame on his tail. For the Typhlosion line in Johto, it is the flame on their back. For example… Ponyta, it is very much the same. There exist some fire-types, like Growlithe for instance, who do not necessarily display an outer materialization of their inner flame, but that is beside the point."

"Okay." Austin nodded, doing his best to keep up.

"The only other type that has an inner-flame is the dragon-type, because well, their affinity to fire-type, in addition to water, electric and normal-types. Because of that, a dragon too has a form of inner-flame, though it only represents the fire-part of its physiology, and is, as is clear, much less than say… a pure-fire type like the Arcanine-line or the Charizard-line."

Austin nodded his head again. "Because fire-types are complete creatures of fire, their inner flame is greater compared to dragons who are only part-fire."

"Exactly." Bill agreed with an earnest clap. "However, your Charmander has… well, an inner flame even smaller than an average Garchomp."

Crap.

"-which means, that his affinity to fire is weak at best, while his… draconic genetics are much more pronounced." Bill paused, "you can also say that your Charmander is a Garchomp in the body of a Charmander in a way."

"….." Austin thought.

"…" Austin said.

Bill chortled at the trainer's reaction. "What I mean is, your Charmander's proclivity towards draconic attacks will be superior to most of its species, and in the same way, his affinity towards flame-type attacks would be inferior to most fire-types."

"Would be?" Austin caught on.

"And people say that it is too early to start recruiting," Bill muttered, looking at the bright young teen in front of him. "Caught that, didn't you? Here, my friend, is what is extraordinary about your Charmander."

"And what's that?" Austin asked, perplexed.

"His genetic constitution is… bizarre, and not permanent, at least not in certain aspects. While his genetic growth as a Charmander can be pretty well projected and conceptualized, I cannot say exactly what evolution might do to his DNA."

"I don't understand," Austin confessed.

Bill showed signs of irritation but controlled it. Whoever said that being a teacher was an easy job anyway? "See, the Charizard line has two particular attributes in their constitution, only one of which can exist in a particular specimen. These two attributes are known as the dragon and monster respectively. Charmander with the dragon attribute demonstrates an affinity towards draconic attacks, not the level of affinity your Charmander shows but close enough. Those with Monster attributes in them become taller, stronger, and larger, reaching a height of around ten feet creating Alpha Pokemon ."

"That's twice the size of the average Charizard," Austin exclaimed.

"That's the Monster attribute of an Alpha Pokemon to you." Bill said ." Have you ever seen an Alpha Pokemon? "

Austin shook his head as Bill clicked a remote as multiple pictures and videos of Alpha Pokemon in the wild flashed on the screen.

Austin was shell shocked to see pictures and videos of these Alpha Pokemon ranging from lopunny to gliscor e.t.c.

It was truly enlightening to show Austin fully well that this world had much more mysteries than what was shown in anime or manga.