Part 15/The date

SMG3 POV:

I wake up feeling nervous.

Today I'm going on a date with Smg4.

How is it possible- I might be more nervous than when I performed in that contest...

I sit up. It's not like we're doing anything fancy- we're just going to see a movie then going to go for a walk in a park nearby.

But still! If you don't count the small amount of time we hung out alone at the amusement park, then this is my first time doing something with him as his boyfriend.

I stand up and pace around anxiously. Like- who am I kidding? I've never been on a date before! I don't know what I'm meant to do!

I notice Eggdog getting up, and he comes over, swerving between my legs. I smile. Eggdog can always tell when I'm feeling nervous or upset.

I crouch down to pet him, and sigh.

"Eggdog, what if Smg4 changes his mind? What if he doesn't want to date me after we go out more?"

Eggdog barks, and I swear I see him roll his little eyes.

"But what if he does?" I worry.

Eggdog barks, and jumps onto me. I catch him, and he snuggles up against me.

"Oh Eggdog, you always know how to make me feel better..." I chuckle and hug him.

Okay. I open my closet and inspect my clothes. I've got what feels like thousands of pairs of black overalls, and purple collared shirts.

I inspect some of the other shirts, but they just don't seem right.

Suddenly, something catches my eye.
The outfit I bought with Smg4 for the contest.

It's perfect. It looks decent enough, and it's meaningful too.

I check the time. We were going to go to the movie before lunch, then probably eat at the park.

I shower, change into my clothes, and put on some makeup. Once I'm at the mirror I fiddle endlessly with my hair, before looking down at my hands.

Ahh!

I just noticed how chipped my nail polish is getting. It must have happened while I've been fixing up the cafe for the past few days.

It takes me a few minutes to find the black nail polish, and I rush to apply a decent coat.

Once they're finally dry enough, I check my phone which had buzzed. Some of my friends were texting in the groupchat.

TARI: Hey do you guys want to come over to my house for a video game tournament today?

MEGGY: YES!! Count me in!!

MARIO: Mario will come! 🍝 🍝

SMG4: Sorry! I'm busy :((

I reply.

SMG3: I've got plans too, maybe next time sry

TARI: Aw man, ok maybe next time you 2!

That's too bad, a video game tournament sounds like fun. But obviously a date with Smg4 is way better and more important!

I grab my things, haphazardly balance a pair of purple-tinted, star shaped sunglasses on my head, and hurry out the door.

☆__________

I'm leaving early, because I need to grab something.

I make my way towards the small shopping area nearby, and end up outside a florist.