Part 12/ Stargazing

SMG4:

We kiss for a couple moments, until Smg3 moves his head away.

We stare at each other, and I swear I'm seeing sparkles.

Am I dreaming?

But then, a look of shame and embarrassment spreads across his face.

"Oh my gosh- Smg4- I shouldn't have... I should have talked to you properly first- I- I'm sorry!-" he stands up.

"W-wait. Don't go." I grab his arm. "Wasn't I clear that um... I wanted to... kiss?" 

We hold eye contact for a few more seconds, and he sits back down.

I can't exactly figure out what to say anymore. I'm speechless.

...

"Okay." Smg3 exhales. "Smg4, I need to tell you something."

I listen, waiting hopefully for what he's going to say.

"I realized something a while ago... and I don't think I can keep it to myself any longer." He continues.

"... I like you." He admits, blushing furiously.

My eyes widen, and I feel my own face becoming red.

"M- me too." I whisper. "I like you too..."

"Wait... really?!" He exclaims.

I nod.

We sit staring at each other for a while, stunned, then we both smile.

"Geez- I had no idea!" He eventually chuckles.

"Really?! I thought I was so obvious!" I admit. "I had no idea you felt the same way though..."

We're both blushing madly, but smiling like lunatics.

We lie down and look back up at the pretty stars.

After a while, I ask:

"Well... what now?"

"I'm not sure." Smg3 admits. "Does this make us dating? I've never really dated anyone before..."

"I suppose it does... if we both want it to." I think out loud.

We go silent again, until eventually I speak up.

"I want it to." I suddenly grab his hand. "Will you date me?"

"Yes!" He exclaims, and we both sit up.

We wrap our arms around each other in a hug.

I can't help but notice that he smells really nice. Sort of like vanilla and fruit. Maybe it's his shampoo or something.

"But..." he lets go of me.

Uh oh, but what?

"Are you sure you want to date me?" He asks.

"Of course I am!"

"Even after everything I've done?" I can see even in the dim light that his eyes are watery.

"3... I know that we've had our differences... but you've changed. I've changed. And yes, I want to date you." I try my best to explain my thinking and comfort Smg3.

"Heh." He looks down. "Even if I'm still... like me? I'm really annoying you know... and I can still be selfish even after the long way that I've come..."

"Oh my gosh 3- I know you're annoying! And I know you think about yourself first sometimes, but you're working hard on that! And getting better! That's one of the things I admire and love about you! Just accept my YES!" I exclaim, exasperated, and he laughs feebly.