Part 8/ The party

[Note: Since I forgot until days after I posted the last chapter to add it, I've put what I roughly think Smg3's performance would sound like at the top. If you're interested you can take a listen! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It doesn't have singing, so you can imagine his voice lol :) ]

SMG4 POV:

I can't- well I can believe it, Smg3 got first place in the contest!

He worked so hard and had to gather so much courage to do this, he fully deserves it.

I know he wasn't only in it for the money. I saw the look of shock on his face when they announced his prize, but it didn't even compare to his smile when me and our friends saw him afterwards.

Ugh, his handsome smile, I'll never be able to get it out of my head. He's just charming like that I suppose.

I chuckle to myself as we head out of the theatre.

"What are you laughing about?" Smg3 asks curiously.

"O- oh! Nothing, really." I snap out of my daydreaming.

"Hey you guys! Want a ride?" Meggy offers, stoping outside her car.

Me and Smg3 look at each other, before gladly accepting.

We hop into Meggy's car and she drives away. Smg3 asks if we can stop quickly to drop off his guitar and other stuff, and Meggy agrees.

After we drop off his stuff we make our way to Meggy's home. I feel a bit weird on the car ride. I'm not sure why, I just haven't felt that great today I suppose. Kind of sick.

"You alright?" Smg3 asks.

"Yeah just tired." I tell half of the truth.

"You didn't stay up editing your videos last night did you?" He asks suspiciously.

I go silent.

"SMG4."

"Maybe a bit late...?" I admit, and he shakes his head disapprovingly.

"You gotta stop doing that."

"You're right." I sigh and agree with him.

Once we get inside I notice that everything is already clean and set up. Plastic cloth on tables, stacks of plastic cups and paper plates are all out. Meggy takes large soda bottles out of her fridge, and turns on some LED lights, brightening up the space.

"Wow Meggy, you've gone all out." Smg3 points out.

"Well, yeah. I haven't held a large party in quite a while, so I wanted to do it right." She explains proudly.

After about ten minutes the guests start to arrive. The crew arrives first, and start lounging around and catching up properly with each other.

Then more unfamiliar cars start pulling onto the street, and soon the house is happily bustling with excited people. Meggy's friends, who brought other friends, or siblings, etc. I hardly know anyone.

I stand around nervously before noticing Smg3 leaning against the snack table. I start to head over, just as the doorbell rings. Meggy comes back from answering it carrying a large stack of pizza boxes. Before I can reach Smg3, the table is crowded with hungry people. I manage to squeeze my way in to grab a pizza slice.

Once I've grabbed my meal I shove through the crowd and end up sitting on a sofa in a corner. It seems like everyone I know is busy talking to other people, so I just exist quietly. I wish I knew where Smg3 is. He'd make good company.

After I finish eating, I walk around, searching for Smg3. I wish he was wearing his hat, but still, it doesn't take me long, and I eventually notice his purple sweater. I squeeze through everyone, trying to get close enough to grab his attention. Once I catch up with him we're both back at the snack table.