Part 13/Amusement park

SMG3 POV:

I've been practically vibrating with happiness all morning.

I'm dating Smg4!!

When I confessed to him yesterday, I felt like a HUGE weight was finally lifted off of my shoulders.

I'm sitting in the back of the camper van, and staring out the window. I glance longingly towards the front of the van. I wish I could sit with Smg4, but he and Luigi have been having a nice chat.

"Smg3? Are you alright?" Meggy asks.

"Yes! I'm better than alright- great even!" I snap back to reality and turn to her.

I realize that I'm being a bit too obvious that something is up, and feel my face become a bit red.

"Haha! Glad you're happy Smg3." She smiles.

"Yes! That's really good..." Tari gives me a happy, knowing look.

She knows I was upset yesterday, but not why. She's glad I'm happy again. That's sweet.

Tari holds up the package of uno cards, and me, Meggy, and Mario all simultaneously groan.

"Mario's sick of uno!" Mario moans.

"Yeah! We've been playing it for two days!" I add.

Tari looks slightly disappointed, but puts away the cards, and no one objects.

"Hey, look!" Mario points out a sign outside.

There's a theme park in a few exits.

"Smg4!" Meggy yells to the front. "Can we go to the amusement park? You said we could stop somewhere today!"

"I don't see why not!" Smg4 shrugs.

A theme park? I haven't been to one since I was a kid. I don't even remember it.

Wait- don't people go on dates at theme parks??

I sit in thought. I've never been on a date... Smg4 won't think of it like that, will he? It wouldn't be a proper date anyway. After all, our friends are here, and we can't just run off without them.

"Helloooo, earth to Smg333."

I suddenly notice Meggy waving a hand in my face.

"Uh, yeah?"

"We were telling you to grab whatever you want to bring with you. We'll be there in 2 minutes." Meggy explains.

"Oh right- Thanks!" I find my wallet, phone, and keys.

"We're here!" Smg4 announces, and we jump out.

I have to admit, it seems pretty cool.

We pay the entrance fee, (even though I would have preferred to sneak in, I didn't suggest it.)

As soon as we get inside I notice how everything smells like greasy food and sugar.
It caught me off guard, it's so strong!!

"Wow... there's a lot of people here." Tari comments.

Yeah duh, this place seems huge.

"This park isn't that big, so we can probably go explore a lot of areas!" Smg4 points out.

?!?

Isn't that big?! What?!

"So... what do we do? I haven't been to a theme park since I was like... a really little kid. I've forgotten it all." I ask Smg4.

Meggy gasps, butting in. "So you've basically never been to one?!"

"Ehhh I guess?? I've just never had anyone to go with..." I trail off awkwardly.