19.So you keep tabs on me?

๑ 🥀 ๑

๑ 🥀 ๑

The atmosphere in the hall is buzzed with the energy of new students mingling, some forming groups while others prefer solitude, cocooned within their shields.

Daniyal, Shazal and Amaan walk into the room together talking among themselves... there was no way Yusra could not sense the presence of him with her in the same room, she turned around out of instinct towards the door which was located in the front by the deck of the classroom.

Daniyal looked at her then and smiled, she did too..gently, for an acknowledgement then noticed Amaan waving at her and sent him a brief nod, while Shazal still didn't spare her a glance due to being immersed in his phone. She was used to him being so indifferent or..maybe not?

Ah, the agony of being overlooked,
Curse on the whiff that reminds yet leaves me floored.

"Oooh!" Mehjabeen's teasing whistle breaks Yusra's reverie. "Introduce me to them, girl. Looks like you've got your own set of bodyguards," she smirks almost causing Yusra to make a disgusted icky face.

Suppressing a disgust, she replies, "They're my friends, Maha... family, you could say."

"How are you doing?" Amaan's voice interrupts, as they come and stand before their bench. "Have you had any classes yet?"

"Yup," Yusra sighs, "It doesn't feel like the first day. They started teaching before even introducing themselves. What have I gotten myself into?" She exaggerates.

"You'll get accustomed to it," Daniyal reassures as the dean's arrival commands the attention of the entire class, and there's a swift transition into silence as students scramble to their seats. Walking behind, the trio settles in.

"He's so handsome," Maha swoons as they depart.

"Who?" Yusra inquires, her voice trailing off as she glances toward the teacher awaiting the class's focus.

"The one on the phone, Do you know him?" Maha queries eagerly.

"Oh, Shazal?" Yusra confirms.

"His name's Shazal? Wow!" Maha turns to peek at the seat behind them before redirecting her gaze forward almost immediately. "Oh, darn it," she mutters under her breath.

"What's wrong?" Yusra leans in to ask.

"He glanced at me. He probably thinks I'm weird," Maha laments, facepalming in embarrassment.

"No, he wouldn't," Yusra reassured her watching in amusement but she couldn't resist stealing a glance at him too, who occupied a seat a few rows behind her. His mere presence seemed to command attention, radiating an aura of understated confidence that captured the gaze of many, so Maha was not weird to gain an immediate attraction towards him.

What could she say, even she was smitten by him though he never seemed to recognize the power his presence held.

"Alright, class, I've allowed enough time for you to settle, but it seems the commotion in a fish market could never cease," the dean remarks, initiating a hush over the room.