White Walls and Doubt

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the harsh white light of the hospital room. It was spacious and bright, unlike any he was familiar with - a VIP room by the looks of it.

"Taehyung?" A voice came from his side.

He turned his head slowly, his vision blurry. Jungkook sat beside him, concern etched on his face. Taehyung was confused, why was he in the hospital?

"What happened?" he rasped, his voice thick with disuse.

"You fainted at the restaurant," Jungkook explained gently. "I brought you here."

Taehyung nodded his head. He gingerly touched the IV needle in his arm, the throb in his head intensifying with the movement.

"I have ordered some porridge for you," Jungkook said.

Ignoring Jungkook's words, he said, "How long have I been out?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

Jungkook glanced at the clock on the wall. "Almost 9 hours." In a concerned voice, he said, "Don't think about going home right now. You have a fever, and you're going to stay here for the night."

Taehyung winced as another wave of pain pulsed through his head. He glared at Jungkook, disbelief etched on his face. "I'm fine," he said in a cold tone. "You don't have to worry. I have work tomorrow, and I'm going."

He has been in the hospital for more than 9 hours. Hah. He sighed. Now the hospital bill...

"Taehyung, please," Jungkook pleaded, his voice rising slightly. "For the sake of your body, stay here for a night."

"I said..."

Jungkook cut him off. "You got a call," he said urgently. "From the hospital. About your grandma."

Taehyung's heart started pounding. Fear coiled in his gut. "Grandma?" he breathed, his voice trembling.

Taehyung's hand trembled as he stammered, "W-what happened to h-her?" A call from the hospital was a rare occurrence, and his mind raced with frightening possibilities.

Jungkook squeezed Taehyung's hand reassuringly. "She's fine," he said calmly. "There's no need to worry, Taehyung."

"N-no, I have to go see her now!" Taehyung attempted to get up, but Jungkook gently pressed him back down.

"Taehyung, I promise she's okay."

A knock on the door interrupted them. A well-dressed man entered the room carrying a bowl of porridge.

Jungkook addressed the man, "How is Mrs. Kim doing?"

The man looked at Taehyung and replied, "She's fine. The doctor examined her and monitored her heart. She's currently resting." He finished his sentence and handed the porridge to Jungkook. Jungkook then gestured for him to leave. The man bowed and exited the room.

Jungkook turned to Taehyung. "Eat first," he instructed, "then I'll take you to see your grandma."

Taehyung eyed Jungkook with suspicion. Sensing his doubt, Jungkook added hastily, "I promise."

Jungkook offered Taehyung a spoonful of porridge, but Taehyung shook his head. "I can eat myself," he mumbled.

Jungkook didn't want to make him uncomfortable, so he handed him the porridge.

Taehyung rushed to finish the porridge and attempted to get out of bed. Jungkook stopped him and called for a nurse by ringing the bell. Impatient, Taehyung waited for the nurse to remove the IV drip. The nurse arrived and disconnected him from the IV.

With Jungkook's help, Taehyung stood up slowly, his head still swimming. He then noticed he was dressed in hospital clothes.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, who seemed confused by his expression. Thinking Taehyung was uncomfortable with his touch on his waist, Jungkook hesitantly asked, "Are you uncomfortable?" Taehyung shook his head in response. Jungkook then bent down and put slippers on Taehyung's feet. Taehyung wanted to speak up, but Jungkook said, "Let's go." Ignoring Jungkook's touch, Taehyung followed him. All he cared about right now was seeing his grandma.

They proceeded to the elevator. Jungkook pressed the button to send it upwards. Confused, Taehyung questioned why they were going up. After all, his grandma was in a different general hospital.

"Jungkook, why are we going to a higher floor?" Taehyung asked suspiciously. He shouldn't trust him.

"Tete," Jungkook reassured him, "I promised I'd take you to your grandma."

The elevator doors slid open, revealing a luxuriously furnished space.

Jungkook pushed open the door, revealing a luxurious hospital room. Taehyung's grandma lay in bed, laughing with a doctor beside her.

The moment his grandma noticed them, a toothy smile spread across her face. "Tete!" she called out. Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he rushed to her side. "Grandma, how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing well, Tete," his grandma replied. "Thanks to him, I was having a good time." She gestured towards the doctor. Taehyung bowed his head in gratitude.

"Mr. Kim," the doctor addressed him with a smile, "how are you feeling today?"

Taehyung mumbled, "I'm, uh, fine."

"That's good to hear," the doctor said, turning to Jungkook. "Excuse me, gentlemen." With that, he left the room.

Jungkook started to follow the doctor out, but Taehyung's grandma called out, "Jungkook, wait."

Jungkook stopped and bowed. "Hello, Grandma. I wasn't sure if you'd remember me."

His grandma chuckled. "Of course I remember you! You're Taehyung's friend." Her words were innocent, but they left Taehyung's face devoid of any expression.

He leaned towards Jungkook and whispered, his voice barely audible, "We'll talk later." He then turned and made his way to his grandma's bedside. "He's leaving now," Taehyung explained to her. His grandma began to speak, but Taehyung cut her off. "He's busy," he said quickly.

With a warm smile, his grandma looked at Jungkook. "Come visit again soon," she said kindly.

Jungkook bowed politely. "Of course, Grandma. I'll see you again soon."

•─────⋅⋅─────•

Hi everyone! I hope you're all loving the story so far. I always read your comments, and they make me so happy. Thank you for 100+ votes and almost 1k views! ♥️
In Sunny Days After Rain, there won't be any misunderstandings between our main characters. I hate it when characters lack communication, which is what often leads to misunderstandings (  ̄ー ̄)
And I  don't want to make this story cliché so I tried to make this realistic as possible.
I won't say more, or I'll spoil everything, haha.