Chapter 35: Love's intoxication (part one)

4000+ words

4000+ words

Hey everyone thankyou so much for being patient. I hope you all are doing good  and missed me because I did 🥺

Ok so now that I am back I will be following my same normal schedule I.e you will get to meet Abhi and Shivi every Sunday. (You all can always meet then in week days by re-reading the book or your favorite part😉)

Let's start!
Happy reading, don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Abhi's pov :

I dialed Shivani's number once again, hoping desperately that she would pick up this time. But alas, there was no answer. With a frustrated sigh, I leaned back in my seat, feeling a mixture of annoyance and concern.

“Oh, so Shivani ma'am is missing, that's why I didn't get the order today,” Vikram muttered to himself, unaware that I could hear him.

Order hmmm.... something clicked in my mind and I sat up straight turning my attention to him. When Vikram felt my gaze, he looked at me nervously.

“You didn't bring any snacks for me today,” I stated, watching as Vikram tensed up and then forced a laugh, attempting to play it off.

“Um… well, you see, sir, today…" Vikram began to stammer, but I interrupted him. “The order didn't come today?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, exactly,” Vikram replied quickly, still nervous.

“Or maybe the person who usually brings it for me is missing today?” I asked, watching his reaction. Vikram gulped nervously, unable to hide his discomfort.

“It was Shivani, right? She used to order it for me and asked you to give it to me,” I asked, my tone serious, and he nodded slowly, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Damn it!” I exclaimed, frustrated that I hadn't figured it out sooner. “Trust me, sir, I didn't want to lie to you, but Shivani ma'am can be dangerous sometimes. She may seem innocent, but she's also capable of being dangerous. She literally threatened me, warning me not to open my mouth,” Vikram explained, and I couldn't help but smile, picturing Shivani's dangerous side.

She was indeed innocent, but there were moments when she could be too much to handle. That's how Shivani was when I first met her in college, but now, she seemed different, almost like she was trapped beneath a face I couldn't quite understand.

Vikram voice pulled me out of my thoughts.  “Thank God, sir.” He laughed nervously, “It was really difficult for me not to tell you this. I was in constant fear of accidentally revealing everything, but now it's fine,” Vikram said, exhaling deeply. 

I looked out of the window, everything passing thing was a blur because of our speed. “You're really lucky to have her, sir. She loves you so much.” I heard vikram after a pause.