𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Start from the beginning

"Oh I, yeah," Bella said as he helped her up. My hand brushed against his as I looked confused.

"Jake, you're hot," I noticed his hot skin. "You too? Upgraded from good looking?" Jacob smirked at me. "No, your temperature. It's hot," Bella said as she felt his forehead.

"You're burning up." "I feel fine," he told us as he took her hand from his forehead and held it.

She tries to pull it away. "What? I can't hold your hand?" "It just... means something else to you than it does to me," Bella told me. ".....I still love him."

"One, that's my problem. But two... we have fun, you think I'm hot-," Jacob told her.

"Good looking," I reminded him.

"I know you like me," Jacob smirked at us. "More than anyone. But... that's all," Bella told him.
"Because of Cullen and Hale?" He asked.

The mention of the names stung us as he takes both our hands now. "Look, I know what he did to you. I can see it in your face every time his name comes up," Jacob told us.

"But you need to know: I would never, ever do that to you. I promise I will never hurt you. You can count on me."

"I already do. You don't know how much," Bella sighed.

"You're my best friend but... I don't think my feelings will change." He took this in as a wave of something sweeps over him.

He sits back. Closes his eyes, and takes a breath. "I'm sorry. I should've said something right from the start," Bella told him. "No. That's not it. I just feel...weird," Jacob replied.

"I told you, you have a fever," I told him.

"Probably that flu everyone has." "It doesn't... feel like flu. I don't know what it is," Jacob sighed. Bella and I looked at each other, concerned.

-𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲-

Bella and I did our homework as Charlie watches a game. I could tell Bella's on edge. Bella pulled out her phone and dialed Jacob.

"Hey, Jake. Just checking to see how you're doing. And to say I'm sorry, about, you know... how I feel and...," Bella said as it went to voicemail. "I hope the flu passes fast. Call me."

-𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲-

Bella and I climbed out of her truck as I saw the empty spot where Jasper used to park. I saw Eric and Angela's canoodling. Couples everywhere. I put my head down and hurried to class.

"Hi Jake," I called. "Your dad said you have mono. He won't let me visit but... would you call me?"

-𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-

I sat in my bed, not wanting to sleep/dream. I eyed the phone, waiting for it to ring. Jacob didn't call. I called Leah about it but she said that her dad told her that he was sick.

"Me again. I just... need to hear your voice...," I called again. "Bella misses you too. I miss you...."

-𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲-