25. No more playing house

Start from the beginning

Both Sadè and Reese stared at Cole, concerned.

"Speaking from experience homeboy?"Sade asked.

Cole shook his head, "Nah." He lied and exhaled loudly. "But, since you her girl and all. Maybe tell her to talk to Cecil before that nigga go jump off a bridge or something."

"Good God." Maurice mumbled.

"Oh yeah, get used that!" She told a mortified Maurice, "The nigga takes everything to the edge."

"You gonna talk to her or no?"

"You don't think I already have? Maybe you should talk to her. It might seem more sincere coming from her future brother in law."

"Hell no. I'm not getting involved in they lives."

"He is your brother, right?"

Cole shrugged, "That's what the papers say."

Cheyenne came back into the home with iLeah in tow. They were both, equally lightskinned, now rosy in the cheeks, on the nose and around their eyes. Sadè exhausted and deep breath at the sight while Cole observed the body of Cheyenne noticing how it really wasn't that obvious that she was carrying— it made him wonder if she even was (anymore).

He cleared his throat, "Y'all ready or what? Imma be in the car." He stood, leaving the house. He walked down the steps and as he touched the path that weeded through the lawn, he looked up at the street where he saw a white sedan parked on the other side. Though the windows were tinted, he knew who the car belonged to.

Making his way across the pavement, he knocked on the window of the passenger side door. When the window was rolled down, he looked in, greeting the man inside who welcomed him in by unlocking the doors.

As Cole slid into the passenger seat, the car sped off, barely giving him the time to close the door properly. "Damn, nigga." He exclaimed, as the door slammed with the help of the wind.

"Where you been at?" Black asked, looking at Cole's appearance noticing he was a little more dressed up than usual— and the scent of his cologne. "You smell good."

"Thank you."

"So you not gone tell me where you been?"

"Where you been?"

"Minding my business."

"Oh." Cole chucked, "Me too. But, my business not yours."

"I miss you." He told him as he parked on the street adjacent to where Dame's house was. "When can we see each other again?"

"You seeing me right now."

"Yeah, but you obviously about to go somewhere— so not for long."

Cole smiled at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." He continued smiling, "I just forgot how pretty your eyes are."

"I ain't pretty nigga. I'm handsome."

"Big ole puppy dog eyes. Don't look at me too long, might make a nigga fall in love with those."