Chapter 19

Hey guys I'm sorry that it's been so long! Enjoy!

Chloe's POV
Today's my first day back at school since seeing him and the only thing I can think about is the fact that these last few months will be the last glimpse of normality in my life. After school ends I'll be a prisoner, confined in the endless world of torture and sadness.

With that in mind I toss a maroon sweater and black leggings on my body, along with my black converse. 

"Chloe! You're going to be late!" My mothers hoarse morning voice shouts up the stairs. I push all the morbid thoughts with each step I go down, and I can feel the familiar weight in my chest tying me down. 

"Chloe you're going have to shake this haze eventually. We miss you, and I know that it must be tough trying to get back in the swing of things, but please try to put a little more effort?" My mothers voice pleads, causing my eyes to well up. I slowly walk over to my mother and giver her a hug, our first hug since I've been back. I feel the tears I tried to hold back fall gracefully on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry mom," I whisper.

"Oh sweetheart, it's okay. I just want you to know that you're safe now, and we all love you so much," I start to sob at her words, she may think it's out of happiness. But no, these tears are for the sadness that has overwhelmed me. My mom pulls back and looks me in the eyes, "You know what? You're going to skip school today. We will have a girls day, we can go get lunch and shop for some new clothes for you." She laughs and smiles brightly through her red eyes, I smile back and nod.

***

Mom and I have had an amazing day. I still didn't talk much but I loved listening to her voice, even if her skirting around the subject of my kidnapping seemed to be hard for her. And I understand, if someone I loved disappeared I would want to know exactly what happened. I still haven't told anything to the police, the only people who know anything are Cam, Lily, and Ashton. I take a deep breath and look at my mom, "Do you want to know what happened to me while I was gone?"

She looked really surprised and the bright smile she held onto all day seemed to waver before turning into a hard line, "I don't want to push you into anything you don't want to do, Chloe. But I want you to open up to somebody, and if that's me I'd feel honored," She gave me an encouraging smile, "Here, why don't we stop at that restaurant we saw a block away," I nodded and we walked in silence to the quaint little diner. We seated ourselves at a booth near the back. There weren't many people in here, but enough to fill the diner with some noise to block out our soon to be conversation.

"Okay, um I don't know where to start." I said honestly.

"Why don't you tell me what you feel I need to know, sweetie" She gave me another smile and I continued on.

"Well, I'm not a virgin anymore." Her eyes welled up and she placed her hands over her mouth to keep herself together, "I got pregnant at one point, but um he killed her. I won't tell you how because I don't want you to look at me more differently then you are now," I took a deep breath and looked down at my hands. Blocking out the horrible images that appeared behind my eyes, I felt a tear slide down my nose and land in my hands.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to say anything else." I look up at her and shake my head.

"Yes, I do. I need you to know some of this, I need to get it out of my head." She nods in understanding.

"He...took me when I got out of the shower so I didn't have any clothes and all he gave me was underwear and a t-shirt, his t-shirt. My first night there I cried and I kept asking him why and he wouldn't answer me, and I finally fell asleep. The next day I woke up and I was tied to this old twin sized bed, with no covers on it. I was naked and I began to panic and I looked around the room and saw a whole wall with pictures of me. Mom, he has been watching me since I was five. He was waiting, for so long. And I know that after everything he has done to to me, he's not going to just let me go and move onto someone else." I took a deep breath.

"What are you trying to tell me Chloe?" Her voice shakes and the tears begin to fall more rapidly down both of our faces.

"What I'm trying to say is, if I ever disappear again, don't send anyone after me. Don't try to save me, and don't tell the police. I can't let him hurt anyone else, the way he did to me." My voice comes out surprisingly strong, and like my mother, I am stunned by my own words.

"I don't think this what you're trying to tell me, Chloe. What is going on?" I feel my wall begin to crack, maybe if I told her she won't do anything and she'll listen to me. I open my mouth, ready for the words to fall out, but a familiar mop of hair stops me. Oh god, he's here. He will kill her right here, right now if I say anything.

"Of course not, mom. I'm perfectly fine. I don't think that will happen, I was just getting caught up in the moment," I give her a failed smile and I can see her eyes pleading me  to tell her. "Hey I think I'm in the mood for a burger. what are you getting?" I see her acceptance in her eyes, but also a glimpse of something that seemed to tell me that she wasn't just going to drop that subject.

***

When we arrived home, Ashton stood on the porch with a bouquet of flowers. A bright smile came on his face and he ran up to the car. "Well, obviously you aren't actually sick," He laughs, oh god that laugh could bring any girl to their knees.

"Oh calm down Ashton, we needed a girls day." My mother retorts as she lugs the bags out of the back.

"Oh here, let me help you." He runs towards her and grabs the numerous bags out of my moms arms, always the gentlemen. I smile lovingly toward him, even though it's been so long, I can still feel the familiar warmth his presence gives me. "Chloe?" I snap out of it and see Ashton staring at me with a big smirk on his face and I feel my face warm up. Oh god, he did not just see that. I hide my face and walk towards the door, his laugh echoing behind me. When we get inside He drops the bags at the front door and follows me upstairs. I walk towards my bean bag and sit down while he goes to my chair. He lifts his hands and scratches the back of his neck nervously. "Would you like to go out tonight?" He asks suddenly.

I feel my mouth slightly gape, he still wants to be with me even though I'm broken? "Um sure," I say before I can change my mind. He gives me a big smile and stands up.

"Okay, awesome. I'll pick you up in an hour," He rushes out before I can say good bye. Weird.

***

An hour later, I am sitting in the living room waiting for Ashton. Why would he want to go out? Was it just for answers? Was he going to question the fact that he found me running and crying in the middle of the night two weeks ago?  My thoughts are interrupted by the door bell ringing. I get up and open it to see Ashton wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, and converse. Wow.

"Ready beautiful?" My cheeks get hot and I smile and nod, as we walk towards his car.