Chapter 3

My eyes feel like someone has poured a whole bottle of Elmer's glue on them. No matter how much I try, I can't open them. In fact, my whole body isn't cooperating. My arms and legs won't move. The only element I can really control is my hearing. Unless the faint beeping means I'm dead, then my ears are working.

"We have taken many tests, and have found many indications of what she has gone through these past couple of years." My lungs neglect inflating. Whoever that is, is about to tell someone what happened.

"And let me just say, I have a daughter, and I would never want to even imagine the amount of suffering this girl has gone through." I hear a gasp followed by a hiccup and strangled noises. Who's crying over me? I start feeling the panic set in.

I have to wake up. I can't let them know anything.

I put all of my energy and focus on my eyes. Compelling them to feel the sunlight that warms my face on my face. I almost forgot what that felt like. 

My eyes fly open and all of my senses over take me at once. The room has a slight draft that raises goose bumps on my skin, and makes me shiver involuntarily.

The sunlight that I had felt before, intensifies and I can finally see its rays illuminate the hard tiles that make up the floor in the room.

I slowly rise so that I'm sitting upright. I move my hands up off of my lap and look at them. They look so clean, with the exception of a few scratches. I haven't seen my skin so clean in so long. Its light olive hue looks healthy and hydrated, it practically glows. What happened to the sickly pale skin I was used to? I suddenly feel dirty as I remember what has touched my skin.

"Oh my..." I whip my head towards the source. Eyes wide I see my mom. "My baby, oh my goodness my sweets. I missed you so much. We never stopped looking. I just knew God would bring you back to me." I stare blankly back at her, making sure to look either below or above her eyes. Never directly at them. 

My mother and I look nothing alike. Instead of my darker complexion and bright eyes, she has blonde hair, with slight gray streaks all wrapped up in her tight bun. Her eyes are a pale gray and hold so much kindness. I can almost smell cookies baking when I meet those eyes. Her face is almost porcelain like. So fair, and unblemished. She's very petite and holds a slight pudge that all women get when they're aging.

But even knowing this woman was-is my mother I couldn't conjure up the connection we once held. Don't get me wrong. I love my mother. But somehow I can't feel anything emotional. I feel empty and numb. When my mom moves over to me to hug me I flinch and scoot away. Just like I did with Brandon.

I turn away from my mother and turn to see my father standing behind her. I look more like my father. He's tall and lean, like Brandon. He has dark brown hair with silver sideburns and a face that looks kind yet strict. When he's enjoying himself, his smile is easy and infectious. But now, at this moment, his smile is replaced by this brooding silence.

"I'm going to kill whoever has done this to you." Fear strikes through me. This kind of anger is one of the only emotions that was ever directed towards me these past two years. My heart beat picks up rapidly and the heart monitor starts going crazy. My lungs deflate and my vision starts to cloud. Flashes of punishments and beatings that were all driven by that anger come into play in my head. It was like watching a train crash. So awful, terrifying really. But I was unable to look away.

"Chloe! Chloe, snap out of it." I felt my body being shaken and I snap my attention to the person holding me. Doctor Mudstone. "Chloe, can you hear me." I nod in response. Refusing to speak.

I check behind my mother and see my father struggling to hold them both up.

"Chloe, I need you to pay attention to me okay? Now I've gone through all of the tests in the world to find out who did this. But I need you to help us out. I know that you've just woken up. But if you want to find who did this to you, then you must speak." Doctor Mudstone has known the family since I was in my mothers womb. He was my dads best friend in college. He's probably the closest family friend we have.

I shake my head rapidly in response.

"You don't want to find him?" His brows stitch together, and his mouth tilts down. I shake my head again. "Chloe..." I ignore his speech and look at the window again. I haven't been outside since I ran away. But that was in the middle of the night. I haven't completely been free. Even when i was younger the outdoors were always more comfortable than my own room.

"Chloe, please tell us what happened to you." I turn my head back to doctor Mudstone. My parents have moved behind him. But instead of answering. I take off all of the IV's and wires attached to me and turn around and get out of the stiff bed. And take my time walking toward the window.

I use all of my strength and open it. Letting in more sunshine. Letting the fresh air engulf me. Something I haven't had the luxury of feeling in years.

I'M SO HAPPY FOR ALL MY READERS! HAHA THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Let me know what you think. Your feedback is so helpful and please remember to vote!:)

In the next chapter I'm thinking of doing a flash back and kind of give out some information and clues as to what has happened the past two years.
What do you guys think of Chloe's reactions to everyone? Too much? Too little? Again, let me know!:)

thanks again! have a nice night! Will be updating soon;)