Chapter 10

Lilly is above:)

After my rather awkward exit, I go into a nearby bathroom and go to the mirror. My eyes look blank even with the slight shine from my tears. My hair is slightly wavy but dull.

"Coles? We know you're in there." I hear Lilly's sympathetic voice flow through the bathroom, echoing almost hauntingly. I turn towards the door to see her slowly coming in.

"Aw sweet heart. God that slutty Angela girl has nothing on you. Don't let her get to you."

"Yeah Coles she's a bitch you shouldn't listen to her." Cam steps in behind Lilly with a small forced smile on his face.

They both move to hug me but I quickly step back, shaking my head and bring up my hands in surrender. I can't hold them back anymore.

"Look, we know that you don't want us associated with you anymore. But we can't just leave you. We missed you so much Chloe. Please let us in," I was surprised with Cam's speech. I nod my head in defeat.

"We gotta fix this quiet streak. You used to not shut up. I think I'm getting draw backs from not hearing our little Coles voice blabbering all day." I let my first real smile in 2 years wrap around my face. I feel my tears turn to happy ones and I just smile at my two best friends.

"There's that smile! It's a step!" Cam lifts up his fist and shakes it in the air. My smile leaves my face almost as fast as it comes. This doesn't stop Cam or Lilly from continuing to talk to me.

"Come on Coles let's go to your next class. What do you have?" I hand Lilly my schedule. Still keeping my distance from them.

"Awesome! You have the same class as us! Music with Ms. Clank, she's a bitch but we will have fun getting her all riled up." I give them another smile, not as genuine but like Cam says; its a step.

I follow behind them as we head across the field towards the music room.

"Hey Lo!" I turn my head to see Ashton running up to us, behind him is Angela and her 'girls'. Ashton stops in front of me still panting from catching up to us.

"Hey I'm really sorry about the whole thing at lunch. I probably should have told you about Angela," his eyes are filled with regret. I shake my head and start to turn around. He grabs my hand and turns me back around, and I flinch waiting for the impact.

When nothing comes I take a peak at Ashton to see his face so full of pity and even more regret.

"Oh, Lo. I'd never do that to you." He let's go of my hand and I feel my eyes start burn with tears again. I shake my head and turn back towards Cam and Lilly. They both look very uncomfortable and confused as to what to do. They give me comforting smiles and we continue to class.

Hey guys!! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I think I'll do a flashback in the next chapter.

Please remember to vote and tell you friends about this!

Btw:
what do you think of Chloe's replacement?
Ashton's past?
Are you happy that Cam and Lilly got Chloe to open up a bit?

Thank you for reading!!:)