The Spirits

Months later on the eve of Anata's eighteenth birthday she finds herself in the backyard under Examining patches of grass looking for something with a shovel. Through the use of remembering that she'd buried her quarry next to a tree, a very sturdy shovel, and cool breeze she dug holes. The orphans inside scrambled  to finish baking the cake that Ms. Sunatra had accidentally started too early and was paying the price. 

As she kept digging in one place she saw a small wooden capsule and her eyes filled with sparkles. She picked it up and brushed off the soil, on it the words were inscribed "Anata's capsul thingy. Do not open until the 7th of Augustine on your 18th birthday." Her grammar at the age of 12 was still shoddy at best but it got the point across.

She took it inside and up to her room while reminiscing about the various deeds she's done this month. As well as something that has happened since meeting Kas and Cinder.

Korithe was Attacked by the mysterious group of people that was making the deal with the Queen Anata thinks they called themselves... "The Phoenix Foundation?" They planted a false monarch on the throne and they're making demands from the commonfolk. Anata doesn't know what these demands are but it had to have been serious given the borders between Aeston and Korithe have been blocked off.

Anata also heard word of a group of mercenaries employed by the old king Richter III to help fight off the invaders. Hopestergo, they were called. Renown for a type of weapon they revolutionized and make use of "Gunblades"

There was also the time that one of the villagers of Yume overheard Anata asking about theoretical physics and gave her a beginners book on astronomy, that was pretty useful and now shes on the track to being able to tap into the space portion of her gift.

She never did see that kid that she bumped into on her way to Nubius for the first time and she doubts she'd ever see them again.

As she sat down at her desk in her room she picked up the key hanging on the wall caked in dust and unlocked the capsule before looking inside. Inside she found: a parchment with some messy words written on it, she set that aside to read later. The metal collar she wore in Serendipity Inc, it was too small for her now, and that's alright, she's never putting it on anymore anyways and some coins she found on her way out the place.

Anata did some reminiscing and put everything away then picked up the note.

Dear Me;

"if your reading this, you are eiteen! I wunted to let you know that i am proud of you. very proud! like a ocean or river of proudness. hmm what did ms caretaker lady say  when i wanted to know how people were oh yeah! how have you bean? good i hope?"

Anata put the paper down. yeesh was her handwriting always this bad?  she had written this paper 6 or so years ago in which she was still learning off the tutelage under the gaze of her orphanages mother figure.

She skipped a few lines about how life was for her, she didn't need to hear it as she's already lived it. until something caught her eye

"since your oficially a grown up now, can i ask you a favor?"

"A favor?" Anata thought as she barely remembered writing this. maybe she was under the effects of sleep deprivation? it could have been true.

"i've heard whispers from the other grown ups, the bad place is angry. it's restless. but when i ask them they say that it's not to worry about and will be resolfed soon. but i don't trust them can you check it out?"

 Anata had forgotten about revisiting the place where she was born. She mainly didn't because of the fear that revolves around that place, it gives her a feeling of terror.