The Flames That Cull

Switching between her room and the forest away from prying eyes, Anata trained her new powers for 8 months while keeping it a secret from her caretaker. While she could tell her, she also read multiple stories about people starting witch hunts because of unknown variables. so telling her is outside of the question out of fear that she'd be burned at the pyre of the winterspire festival. However Anata felt that her caretaker already knew and didn't mention it because she hasn't brought it up.

While walking home from the local library after helping out a villager with a problem involving rats getting into the owners stash of bulking powder. she was perplexed about how they got in and how the hell they got that big. the rats, while big and strong were still afraid of the person's broom so they left, but not before grabbing a  burlap bag of grain before leaving much to the dismay of the homeowner.

Today was a wreck and she couldn't wait to dive into her bed and sleep it all away. but as she sat in the bathtub thinking she came upon a sudden realization. her best friend is a cloud spirit. she can likely help out with her endeavors but the question begs, can she drop in on Hikari uninvited? Anata didn't even know what she did, only that she was supposedly important but according to the teachings of Mrs. Sunatra the smallest ants are also as important as the biggest of mammals.

Anata came to the conclusion to sleep first then go visit her in the morning. she gets out of the bathtub, wearily gets dressed in a nightgown and collapses into her bed afterwards. Anata stares at her ceiling and then her open window. wondering what lies outside of the confines of the path to the major kingdoms, she's been as far as flamerock which is a fifteen minute walk at best. her itch for wandering waits to be scratched. it refuses to let her sleep but gazing outwards into the infinite abyss calms her down like an old friend until she closes her eyes for the night and submits herself to the wonders of dreaming

Anata popped into existence in what seemed to be a dream. She turned around and looked around, sadly she didn't recognize anything in her vicinity however she did recognize the trees and local fauna. She squints her eyes and concentrates on the bird on the tree in front of her, "that's... a bullheaded shrike" she says to herself, "they are exclusively found in the region of Tairo." One last look at the scenery revealed that she's on an outer ring of what seems to be a caldera, the climate was warm and had a tropical vibe to it. The middle sported a house and the area around it looked largely terraformed with ground not being where it should be and vice versa.

As Anata jumps down the hill aiming for each of the flat rocks until she reaches the bottom, she then skips getting wet by using of her latent power to reduce her gravity by more than half and jumping over it in a single bound 

As she lands and continues walking into the mainland towards the house the local fauna starts making their way to the back, but all the foxes stop and look at Anata. A couple foxes even walk around her and even inspect the girl. As the Vulpine organisms engaged in sniffing her loafing around, she turned around and noticed two more foxes and one fox that Anata recognized to be a fennec showing up. the fennec was all white running while carrying in its mouth a red and black mask that looked shiny. it made Anata wonder if foxes were attracted to shiny objects like ravens and other members of the corvidae family.

Anata heard a voice scream out in the middle of the woods "Alright! whichever one of you took my mask you're not getting any berries tonight unless you give it back!" Anata, curious where she is started walking towards the source of the voice along with the foxes who are scurrying towards the voice which was female. "Calderas aren't exactly known for being habitable especially for trees and fauna, there's usually nowhere to put trees and other flora." Anata thought, as she looked at the trees more there's more definitive proof that she is not in Vanir anymore.