"Ooh, this one has a bite to her. I don't think you could handle that, Lee," his eyes gleam with a mockery directed at me, but he's leaned towards Leo. My eyes drift to Leo since the first time this doofus strode along. All traces of warmth that typically overtakes his face has been replaced by an empty blankness. He stares ahead, his strong jaw clenched as his eyes take on a new emotion I can't quite read. His usual smile is gone, replaced by a hard line.

His expression remains unreadable as his eyes, usually a vibrant hazel brown that emanates an intangible warmth, shift towards me, almost darkened as their warmth has been replaced by an unnameable force. "Arlo, shut up." His tone is calm and stern, but almost detached as he watches me.

The demented Ken Doll, Arlo, only widens his smirk despite Leo's reprimand, amusement flickering in his eyes. "If you ever get tired of Sunshine boy here, I'm all about the night shifts," he winks, his tone laden with flirtatious insinuation.

"Enough, Arlo." Leo's tone is sharp, the firmness and finality a clear warning in his voice as he turns his steely gaze onto Arlo, as if daring him to challenge him. For a moment, they're both just looking at each other, both expressions unreadable, but the tension is as palpable as ever.

Finally, Arlo holds his hands up in mock surrender, his carefree facade briefly faltering under Leo's stern gaze. "Okay, okay, I get it," he concedes, leaning back. The smirk returns, but not as biting as before. I shift my gaze to Leo, who seems to have recovered quickly, that cheery expression back on his face as if it never left. I'm about to dismiss myself from this awkward encounter, when a familiar shriek of a voice tears through the entire dining hall.

"Guys! I need you to help me choose which pics to post from last night," Comes that obnoxious squealer, Arabella. She's barely watching where she's walking as her eyes are glued to her phone, a plate of salad taking space on her other hand. The outfit she's wearing now is actually kind of... good. Gone is the fashion disaster for the guise of a halloween costume. She dons a black mini skirt with sheer tights and a light pink strapless top that accentuates her waist. A cropped, black leather jacket and matching leather knee high boots complete the ensemble, making her look like she walked straight out of one of those Instagram ads I'd see sometimes on my old phone.

Arlo sighs deeply and rolls his eyes, clearly finding her presence to be as welcoming as a shark, while Leo's grin is a stark contrast, bursting like the first ray of sunshine after a stormy night. His hand, poised over his mouth, barely contains the laughter threatening to spill out at Arlo's reaction. A mischievous glint takes over his eyes as Arabella slides in next to Arlo, her eyes never leaving her screen as she taps at it.

"Right angle or left angle?" She muses, loose curls tumbling over her shoulder as she turns her phone to Arlo, who looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here right now.

Arlo's frustration mounts, a symphony of irritation at Arabella's melody of indecision. "They're the same, Arabella," he mutters exasperatedly, his voice muffled by a mouthful of pasta.

Undeterred, Arabella thrusts the screen at Leo. "Lee, your verdict?" she implores, her tone inching toward desperate.

Leo, an amused grin playing on his lips, leans in and swipes at her phone screen. "Left," he declares, sealing the fate of her social media post.

"Finally! At least someone has an appreciation for art," she says pointedly while glaring at Arlo, who seems more engrossed in whoever he's texting right now than whatever Arabella's saying. "You've always had a good eye, Lee," she says in a pleased tone as Leo shoots her back a playful wink in response.