☆EIGHT☆

"Hold on, to the memories they will hold on to you."
New Years Day
Taylor Swift

"TEN!" My eyes scanned the room for Walker,
"NINE!" I spotted him in the corner with Aryan,
"EIGHT! SEVEN!" I started walking towards him with my hand clutching the necklace he bought me for Christmas,
"SIX!" He caught my eye and headed towards me,
"FIVE! FOUR!" His right arm wrapped around my back,
"THREE!" We looked up to the sky,
"TWO!" I turned to face him,
"ONE!" And kissed him,
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And there it was, a brand new year. And I was starting it in the best way possible, with the most beautiful boy alive, my best friend, and now boyfriend too. I hoped life would feel like this forever, I hadn't felt this happy in a long time.

I was so happy I almost forgot Walker was leaving the next day. I woke up in the morning and it hit me all of a sudden, Walker was gone. I wasn't going to be seeing him for at least a few months. I had tried to arrange a visit but they changed filming to the UK last minute, at least for the next few months we would be in separate countries. And neither had time to visit. He had to act, I had school, I had to wait for him to return.

I checked my phone and he'd already messaged me,

walker💗

walker💗
hey bethy, hope you're feeling ok. i had the best new years with you, hope your mums ok too, see seemed upset. i know you're asleep but i'm leaving now for the flight, i can't stop thinking about you. i miss you so much already, but i'm going to text you everyday and call you whenever i can. i love you. ps i left a gift for you on the porch, hope you like it❤️x

You
i love you millions, have a safe flight ml x
‼️NOT DELIVERED‼️

I burst into tears. I already missed him.

I ran downstairs and outside to the porch and found bouquet of flowers and the dinosaur jellycat, along with a post-it note reading "I love you."

I sat on the porch with the dinosaur on my lap, the flowers placed carefully to my side, and the note on-top, and holding on tight to the necklace. I didn't know whether I was crying or laughing, but Aidan came outside and sat down with me. We sat in silence. I thought about where Walker was now, probably somewhere above the ocean, in the middle of nowhere.

His family had joined him for a week to celebrate his 16th birthday, I couldn't be there.

Late in the evening, as the sun was setting, my message still hadn't delivered even though I knew he had landed by now. It was the 2nd of January, the next time I would see him was the 13th of March, when shooting finally returned to America, and he'd get a week's break. It felt like forever away.

January 5th
I woke up late that morning because I'd slept in late again, none of my had been sending to Walker and I was getting worried. So I tried again.

walker💗

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST DAY ML
i miss you so much❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹
also how's filming going?
‼️NOT DELIVERED‼️

I didn't understand why none of the messages were sending. He wouldn't have blocked me, if he lost his phone it would still send, I couldn't think of another reason why. When I called him it went straight to voicemail.

I thought about texting Leena, or Heather? But I didn't want to seem desperate. It had only been a few days. I decided to leave it for a few days and call Leena then.

I just didn't understand. And I really hoped he was okay.

A/N: soz this is shit i will update better asap x