6.Let's be Friends

Hold tightly....hmmm
.
.
.

In Gusu, Xichen was discussing sect matters with a few disciples. He was deeply concerned about the Wens and their malevolent tactics, ensuring the safety of the smaller sects near the Gusu Lan clan. These sects had been allied with the Lan clan for many years. Similarly, the Xui sect had originally been part of the Lan clan; one of their ancestors, Lan Yi's daughter, married a renowned healer and they subsequently founded their own sect near Gusu. Since then, they maintained a close alliance. Everyone was well aware of the medicinal knowledge passed down through generations of the Xui clan.

After finishing his conversation, Xichen headed towards the library. As he approached, he noticed someone hiding behind a window, peering inside. He quietly came up behind the person and whispered in their ear.
"Are you looking for something Young master Xui?"

Upon hearing the sudden voice near his ear, Ching got startled and tripped. He was about to scream, but a hand grabbed his waist while another palm covered his mouth, attempting to prevent him from breaking the rules.

They both looked into each other's eyes. One was visibly scared, taking long breaths to calm down, while the other remained calm and composed, though his loud heartbeat could be heard. After a moment, they both stood properly, and Xui greeted Xichen first and said, "You scared me, Zewujun," slightly pouting as he spoke.

"And you still haven't answered my question." Xichen replied, "I asked you if you were looking for something inside," also peeking through the window. "Is there someone you are hiding from?"

Xui was dumbfounded. The person he was looking for was standing in front of him, and no, he was not hiding; he simply did not want to face Xichen after realizing that he had a small crush on this ethereal alpha.

Thinking about this again made him blush. He turned totally red like a tomato. Xichen noticed and became worried. He quickly checked Cheng's temperature by putting his hand on Ching's forehead. "Are you not feeling well, Cheng?" Xichen asked, then moved his hand to check Cheng's neck. Finding the temperature normal, he backed away.

Xui Cheng blushed further upon hearing his name from Xichen and said, "I am fine, Xichen Ge." He looked down and continued, "I just wanted to tell you something."

Xichen was intrigued by the soft voice calling his name. He listened as beta boy wanted to say something to him. Xichen replied, "I am all ears to you."

Xui Ching looked at Xichen again and said, "Thank you so much! Thank you for helping our small sect. We are really grateful to you. Gusu is a really beautiful place. I really enjoyed staying here in the Cloud Recesses. Thank you for spending time with me that day in the library and guiding me through new things. You are truly humble and calm, as I've heard from my father. I am so happy to have met someone like you and..d" He paused and continued, "We are leaving in the afternoon for our sect."

Upon hearing that Ching was leaving, Xichen's facial expression changed to sadness. Before he could say anything, soft cushions landed on his lips for a second and then quickly moved away.

"I like you, Xichen Ge," Xui Ching said, then ran away at the speed of light, leaving Xichen frozen in place because of sudden daring act.

In afternoon, Xichen saw while Xui siblings were leaving how silent Ching was looking. He didn't even looked back at him. Xichen was having neutral expression just like his brother. After they left Xichen was only thinking about the beta; In the result his system was not functioning properly throughout the day.

*********

In Yunmeng,

Wei Ying returned to Lotus Cove in the middle of the night. Everyone was sleeping, and it was silent everywhere. He jumped across the wall and tiptoed towards his room slowly, trying not to wake anyone up.