Chapter 35: The Cousin

As they drove home after dinner, Sam noticed Nop waiting outside, and irritation flickered across her face. "Seriously, Mon, he's always lurking around," Sam muttered under her breath, the annoyance evident in her tone.

But before Sam could voice her frustration further, Mon put a hand on her arm, stopping her. "Let's not get into this again, Sam," she said firmly, her expression indicating her reluctance to engage in another argument.

Sam sighed, relenting. "Okay, okay," she replied, running a hand through her hair in frustration. "Just be careful, Mon. That's all I'm saying."

Mon nodded, acknowledging his concern. "I will, Sam. Thanks," she said softly, before giving him a small smile. "Thanks for tonight. I Love You"

As Mon entered the gate, Nop greeted her with a warm smile. But before they reached the front door, Nop's expression turned curious. "Hey, Mon, I've noticed Sam dropping you off quite often lately. Is it part of your work together?"

Mon hesitated, feeling a knot of unease forming in her stomach. "Uh, yeah, we're working on some projects together, so we often go out for client meetings," she explained, hoping to brush off Nop's suspicions.

Nop raised an eyebrow. "Is it also part of Sam's job to kiss you in the car before he drops you off?"

Mon's heart raced, her mind scrambling for an explanation. "We didn't... I mean, we don't..." she stammered, her voice trailing off as she struggled to deny the implication.

Caught off guard, Mon's attempt to deflect Nop's suspicions only seemed to fuel his doubts, leaving her feeling increasingly uneasy about the tangled web of relationships and emotions she found herself in.

Nop interrupted her, his tone laced with hurt and betrayal. "You almost kissed, Mon. If I hadn't come out when I did..." he trailed off, his voice thick with emotion.

Mon stood in stunned silence, unable to find any words to refute Nop's painful accusation. His honesty cut through her defenses, leaving her feeling exposed and vulnerable.

Nop continued, his voice tinged with sorrow. "I can't just ignore what I saw, Mon. And I can't shake the feeling that something isn't right here."

Mon's heart ached at the truth in his words, her mind racing as she struggled to make sense of the tangled mess she found herself in.

"And let's not forget, Sam is married," Nop added, his voice laced with disappointment.

Mon's shoulders slumped as she absorbed Nop's words, the weight of her actions crashing down on her with crushing force. She knew he was right, but facing the reality of her choices felt like an insurmountable challenge.

As the echoes of Nop's words lingered in the air, Mon was left to confront the painful truth of her actions and the difficult decisions that lay ahead, knowing that she could no longer hide from the consequences of her choices.

The tension between Mon and Nop reached a boiling point as they stood face to face, their emotions laid bare in the raw intensity of the moment.

"I know what I'm doing is wrong," Mon confessed, her voice trembling with emotion. "But I love Sam, Nop. I love her more than anything."

Nop's lips curled into a bitter smirk, his eyes flashing with a mix of anger and hurt. "So, you're just willing to throw everything away for a married man?" he retorted sarcastically, his words dripping with venom. "Why not choose someone who's actually available, Mon?"

Mon's brow furrowed in confusion, uncertainty clouding her features. "What are you trying to say, Nop?" she demanded, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Nop took a step closer, his expression pleading as he bared his soul to her. "I'm saying that I love you, Mon. I've loved you since our days in England," he confessed, his voice raw with emotion.

Mon recoiled slightly, her mind reeling from the bombshell Nop had just dropped. "Nop, we're cousins," she reminded him, her voice shaking with disbelief.

But Nop refused to back down, his desperation driving him forward. "I know, Mon. But I can't help how I feel," he pleaded, his eyes pleading for her understanding. "Please, choose me. I'm single, unlike Sam who's already married."

Mon's heart shattered at Nop's words, torn between loyalty to her family and the undeniable pull of her own desires. "I... I can't," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the tumultuous storm raging within her.

In the midst of their turbulent confrontation, Mon made a desperate plea. "Please, Nop. Forget you ever said anything," she begged, her voice trembling with emotion. "And promise me you'll keep my relationship with Sam a secret."

As the weight of their shared secrets hung heavy in the air, Mon and Nop were left to grapple with the repercussions of their choices, knowing that the path ahead would be fraught with pain and uncertainty.

As Sam stood outside, hidden in the shadows, her heart sank with each word she heard. The revelation of Nop's confession pierced through her like a dagger, igniting a fierce anger within her.

As Mon and Nop retreated into the house, Sam struggled to contain the whirlwind of emotions raging inside her. Clenching her fists, she took a deep breath, trying to quell the rising tide of fury threatening to consume her.

In a moment of clarity, Sam realized that confronting them would only escalate the situation further. With a heavy heart, she turned on her heel and made her way back to her car, each step echoing the weight of the truth she now carried.

The drive home was a blur, the road stretching out before her as she wrestled with the betrayal she had just witnessed. Alone in the darkness, Sam grappled with the harsh reality of love lost and the bitter sting of deception, knowing that nothing would ever be the same again.