Chapter 28: A Love Worth Fighting For

Mon sarcastically refused to answer Sam, leaving her sulking in the office. As Mon left, she gave Sam a teasing wink, adding to Sam's frustration.

Sam spent the entire day frustrated and sulking, and as the day came to a close, Mon left the office earlier than usual. Sam's frustration only grew when she received a text message from Mon saying she was leaving, adding to her sulkiness.

Sulky and exhausted, Sam left the office an hour after Mon's departure, craving solitude. She decided to head to her own house instead of her husband's. As she entered, she was surprised to find the lights on, a sign that someone was waiting for her.

Sam passed by the dining area, the lights casting a warm glow on the elegantly set dining table. The soft flicker of candles and the gentle aroma of her favorite meal filled the air. She stood in awe, her eyes tracing the delicate arrangement of flowers and the carefully folded napkins. It was clear that someone had gone to great lengths to create this intimate setting.

As she approached the table, a sense of anticipation washed over her. The scene before her seemed straight out of a romantic movie. She couldn't help but smile, her heart fluttering with curiosity about who had orchestrated this surprise.

Mesmerized by the sight, she felt a warm embrace envelop her from behind. "Do you like it?" a familiar voice whispered softly in her ear.

Sam couldn't contain her excitement as she took in the sight of the beautifully arranged dinner table. "Wow," she exclaimed, "this is incredible!" She turned to face the person who had surprised her, her eyes sparkling with gratitude and curiosity. "Mon, did you do all this?" she asked, her voice filled with awe.

"But how did you know, I will be here?" Sam asked.

Mon nodded with a smile, confirming that she orchestrated the surprise. "I know you, Sam," she replied softly. "And after today, I had a feeling you'd need some time alone. So, I took a chance that you'd come here instead of going to Kirk's."

Mon guided Sam to the table and gently urged her to sit down. "Sam, I need to tell you something," she began, her voice earnest. "I know ypu know that the truth is, the person I love is you." Sam's eyes widened in surprise as Mon continued. "I only said those things to Kirk to deflect his suspicions. You don't need to be upset."

Mon's words hung in the air as she gazed at Sam with affection. "I've loved you for so long, Sam," she whispered, her voice soft and sincere. "Every moment, every smile, every touch—it's always been you." Leaning in closer, she placed a gentle hand on Sam's cheek, her eyes filled with longing. "I can't hide it anymore. I need you to know how much I love you." Sam's heart raced as she felt Mon's touch, her mind reeling with a mix of emotions.

As their lips met in a passionate embrace, Sam's heart fluttered with excitement. She felt a surge of desire coursing through her veins as she responded to Mon's kiss with equal fervor. Unable to contain her excitement, Sam stood up, gently pushing Mon back into her seat. With an intensity that bordered on hunger, Sam continued to kiss Mon, her lips exploring every inch of Mon's with a fervent longing. It was as if she wanted to consume Mon entirely, to lose herself in the intoxicating taste of their love.

As their passionate embrace continued, Sam suddenly felt a warm fluid on her cheeks. With a sense of urgency, she pulled back slightly, her eyes widening in surprise. Looking into Mon's tear-filled eyes, Sam's heart skipped a beat, concern flooding her senses. "Mon, what's wrong?" Sam's voice was soft, filled with worry as she brushed away the tears gently, searching Mon's eyes for answers.
Mon's voice trembled slightly as she spoke, her eyes locking with Sam's. "Sam, I know we've been through a lot, and I understand why we need to keep our relationship a secret. I just... I just wish things were different."

Sam's expression softened with guilt as she listened to Mon's words. "I'm sorry, Mon. I promised you I would do something about the wedding, but it's just... It's complicated."

"It's okay, Sam," Mon replied, her voice laced with understanding. "I know you're trying your best. We'll figure it out together." She reached out to gently cup Sam's cheek, offering her a reassuring smile amidst the turmoil of their secret love affair.

Sam's voice quivered with uncertainty as she asked, "Mon, do you ever regret getting back together with me?"

Mon's gaze softened as she reached out to intertwine her fingers with Sam's. "No, Sam, I don't regret it for a second," she replied earnestly. "Being with you, even in secret, is worth it to me. I love you, and I'll always choose you."

Sam's voice wavered with vulnerability as she asked, "But isn't it hard for you, Mon? To be in a relationship where we have to hide, where I can't always prioritize you?"

Mon gently caressed Sam's cheek, her expression tender yet resolute. "It's not easy, Sam," she admitted, her voice steady. "But being with you, even in secret, fills my heart with happiness. I'd rather have a fraction of your time than none at all. I don't regret loving you, no matter the circumstances."

Mon's voice quivered slightly as she added, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Sam, I've come to realize that we may not have certainty in our future, but I refuse to let that overshadow the joy we share in the present. I'll make the most of every moment with you, regardless of what lies ahead."

Sam reached out to wipe away a tear from Mon's cheek, her own eyes glistening. "You're right, Mon," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I love you, and I'll do everything I can to cherish every moment with you."

With tears of both sorrow and joy, they exchanged assurances of their love and shared the dinner Mon had prepared, grateful for the precious moments they could spend together.