"I already have a big family. They're not only my team members but also my family." He paused for a brief moment before replying.

I wanted to roll my eyes badly at his reply but I let it go this way.

"No, not this. Don't you want a proper family? A wife, a few kids, and you?" I murmured as I felt my cheeks become warm.

Thousands of emotions bubbled up in his ocean-blue eyes. The darkness and lightness were playing in them, making them look like a twinkling night sky. It was too tough to understand what was going on inside his complicated mind. His features softened.

When he opened his mouth to reply to my question the car halted violently as Grover suddenly sped up the pace of the car.

Nicolas looked behind quickly without waiting for Grover's reply. I followed his move as I turned around and looked behind through the back window. My eyes went wide and a gasp left my lips immediately.

"For fuck's shake, not now!" Nicolas growled.

A dozen police cars were chasing after us. They seemed like they were determined to arrest Nicolas today and tonight.

Nicolas quickly pulled out his phone and started tapping something on the phone. When he finished tapping, his phone buzzed and he received the call.

"And you're fucking telling me this now?!" Nicolas boomed suddenly to the person other side of the phone before giving me a quick glance.

Pure horror and anger were written all over his face.

"What's happening, Nicolas?" I asked in confusion as well as fear.

"Nothing. Everything is going to be fine. Don't worry." He leaned forward and gave me kisses on my forehead and cheeks.

And then, I noticed he pulled out a gun from somewhere. I gasped when I understood what he was being ready for.

"No, don't think about it even for once. You're injured and you've lost a lot of blood. If you get another bullet, you're dead." I frantically shook my head and gripped his shoulder.

"They're going to fire within a few moments. Unless you want me to be encountered, let me kill those bastards. Stephen will be here anytime soon with the others and we'll have to survive until then." Nicolas again leaned forward, pecked my lips, and nuzzled his nose on my neck.

Craziness had a limit but Nicolas had no limit. In that do-or-die situation, he was having a romantic time with me.

I gasped when he started placing open-mouthed kisses on my neck. Asshole.

"Nick! Cops are behind us and God knows if we can make it out of here alive but you've to do this right now?" I gripped his hair and shoved him back before giving him a hard glare.

"I'm crazy for you, mio amore." He gave me a sly smirk before throwing his hand out of the car and started shooting pointing the gun to the cop's vehicles.

I put both my palms on my ears and let out a scream as the cops started shooting pointing to our car with the same purpose.

"Head down, my queen," Nicolas said sharply and loud enough for me to hear through the blasting sound of firing bullets and his eyes were on the cop's cars as he kept firing.

He was so pissed at their sudden appearance and so was I.

I managed to collect some courage to look behind and saw Nicolas skillfully explode four police cars. I was not sure if the cops inside the cars were alive or not because they were far away from us now.

Then another bullet hit our car making me scream in terror, though Grover was driving like a professional to avoid bullets as much as possible. I bet he faced this situation many times.