Sincerely dying to see you and your best friend,

Kyle

And just like that I found myself in a radiant joy and my eyes sparkling like dewdrops in the morning spring sun. For the last depressive five days, Kyle has been vexing me with his handwritten poetically driven vintage style way of trying to win me over again. And what can I say...his nuisance and positive attitude is pulling me towards him like this big magnate and i am the metal. Every wording he did is a piece of cake for him and I am the coffee that has a strong caffeine in it. In either way, he never fails to put this ray of sunshine in my head even if I was storming so hard on him. He is like this big bowl of tropical acai bowl with so many mangoes in it. He is so refreshing in this tiring black hole that has been pulling me under.

I then sigh and pull my hair because my feelings are so torn right now. I am supposed to be angry at him right now, but he is just!

I stood up from sitting at my bed then put the letter in my keepsake box, then I opened my bedroom door for the first time after 5 days of not going out. I then looked if anyone was at home, thankfully no one was. I went downstairs and there's a note at the table

"From: Dad

Charlotte, if you ever read this. I prepared your food and it's in the refrigerator. Just heat it up in the microwave for 5 seconds. I was at work and so is your mom, Praxton is with his friends having his sleep over. We will be home late tonight.

P.s

Please talk to Kyle, wow that boy is so loyal...I am speechless..."

I then went over to the refrigerator to see what he prepared for me. It was chicken adobo, one of my favorite Filipino dishes. I put it in the microwave and while I was getting some rice from the rice cooker, I saw Kyle at our tree house. He was inside the house and was reading a book "The Great Gatsby" My eyebrows raised

When did he start reading books again?

I shook my head and continued getting the rice, after that I went to get the chicken adobo from the microwave and put it on my plate. I then sat at the bar stool and ate at the kitchen counter, facing the tree house where I could see Kyle doing his stuff.

While I ate my lunch, I was observing him

He was laying there quietly and serious at what he was reading. His forehead was frowning really hard like he was solving a mystery case. Though the Great Gatsby's story is like that, more so...wait a minute, is he crying? He just wiped his eyes! Now I want to know what chapter he was already! I am intrigued.

I quickly finished what I was eating and then put the bones in the trash bin, washed the plates and utensils I used before I decided to face him. But before I go out, I should bring him something. I shouldn't just see him empty handed.

I grabbed the container filled with chocolate chips in it and went out. I climbed the stairs going to the tree house and stood from the end bed where Kyle was laying there, and he still wasn't noticing my presence.

"Ahem!"

He then got up from the bed and put the book on his lap, his face was shocked then realizing who was standing before him. It almost felt like his smile was forming slowly in my head like those in the movies.

He didn't said anything and was just innocently admiring me

I pushed the container in his chest and then his face fell sad "Why? You didn't like it? I baked these for you!" he said like he worked his butt off real hard at it