'Her wish is this?'

"Baba" I called my father

"Baba" I called my father. He looked surprised to be addressed as 'Baba' after years. "Come here" He said, patting next to him. I had wrapped myself in a blanket before coming to his room. I sat next to him quietly. "What is it child?" he asked closing the file he was analysing. "I am going to get engaged." He nodded. Mother also joined us. She caressed my head and said "we are happy for you". "If you are uncomfortable we can change it. There is no rush for this" Father informed me."Baba, can we hold the engagement there?" I asked him. Understanding where I mean both my parents get tensed "Ata I thought you were over it." My mother gently asks me. I looked at both of them and said "I want it to be held there. Please Baba. Mama, I am just too fond of that place. Please" I pleaded to them. They look at each other with concern laced on their face. "Well if that is what you want" mother said patting my cheek and father continues with a smile "I will talk with your in-laws. They surely will agree to it." They were happy for me and I am happy for them. I give my best smile. "Don't get so excited already. Go to sleep child. It's late. We have preparations to do." mother said. I thank them and return to my room.

They will agree won't they?
Should I talk to Danish about it? No that won't be right. I should just wait.
Patience Ata. Sabr.

Today was eventful. I had my sweet in-laws over. Impressed them. And impressed my soon to be fiancé.
Well, I noticed it. His expression. His stares. His movements. Him noticing everything around him. Him noticing me. Him waiting for me to react. To speak.
He wanted me to notice them. The way he had his attention on me. And I liked it. His eyes when they met mine.

Danish Emraan and his eyes. Those eyes are what caused this. If only I hadn't found them intresting.
I truly like them. His eyes remained of things I wanted to forget. But, I am thankful that they do. Those memories have my true self captive. The one I can neither forget nor accept.
But he will. Maybe in the future. He will become the reason, for me to either accept it or forget it.
I'm waiting, for that moment.

💙

"What is special about this place?" I asked myself as I scan the pictures and details of the place where Ata wanted our engagement to be held

"What is special about this place?" I asked myself as I scan the pictures and details of the place where Ata wanted our engagement to be held. Her father talked about this wish of her's. My family was happy that she expressed her wish. Well business has taught us
a lot, so our interests are somewhat different from normal. But this place? It's not so special. A small town giving vibes of a hill station. Mr. Faizan told us that they had a villa and hotel there, so the engagement venue won't be a problem. But the thing is that she could have selected elsewhere, like a big city with many tourists attractions. Most people opt for it. Fancy and attractive.
My parents talked to my grandparents and they agreed to it. The engagement is being held in private. So not many people will be there except our families. So maybe a quiet and simple venue would be good. Mom was very excited as she never visited that place. None of us has.
My deep thoughts were cut by an incoming call from my mother. I answered it and greeted her . "Danish, what colour suit do you want for the engagement ceremony?" She asked. "Mom, any colour will be fine" I replied. She said "No beta, you can't just say that. It's your engagement." I didn't say anything and thought 'What colour would Ata choose? Should I get the same colour?' "well Ata's is pastel green" she said as if read my thoughts. "What do you think?" She asked again. "Mom, select what you like" I said. "Child, it's not my engagement. It's yours." She replied. "Fine Mom. Anything light would be okay. Now I have to go. I have a meeting to attend." I replied and ended the call after she said "you could have been more specific. But this is fine".
My grandparents will arrive in 2 days, so the preparations are to be completed by tomorrow. Mom, Aunt, Mrs. Faizan and Ms. Zahra took care of the shopping for Ata and me. My siblings and cousins are horribly excited and are trying to complete their share of work within 2 days. And I have almost cleared my schedule for 3 days. Just a few meetings to attend, documents to analyse, and people to meet, which will take almost 5 to 6 days.