Guess who's not dead

》Y/N pov + minor time skip《

By the time we made it back to the ship, the suns began to set, and the air was getting cold. The many pools glowed with strange colors, some blue, a few purple, and even one or two pink ones. Ayull made a point to avoid those - for unmentioned reasons - even though Bahtoh joked about hanging out in one.

Speaking of, after our little therapy session, Ayull has been… different. He seems more relaxed and calm around me. Like how he is around Veta and Bahtoh. Relaxed.

“Y/N, you remember the way to the bathroom, yes?” Veta called out as he shook some of the sand from his dreads.

“I'm sure I'll figure it out. It's not like the room's going to move.” At least I don't think it will. Because they can't do that, I think.

“Well, if you get lost, I could always escort you.” Bahtoh raised a brow as he purred suggestively at me.

“Pervert!” Veta exclaimed with a smack to the side of Bahtoh's head.

Ayull chuckled as he walked past and opened the docking door. It whooshed open almost silently. Alien tech sure worked like a well greased machine. Even the interior doors hardly made any noise.

“Oh go easy on him, Veta, he's just -”

“Silent.” Ayull interrupted me before I could join in the teasing. His posture was stiff as he stared into the docking area filled with boxes and equipment.

He seemed tense - well, more tense than usual - like he sensed something I couldn't. His tusks clacked together as he flexed his wrist to draw out his gauntlet blade.

》Ayull pov《

I've smelt this scent before, but I can't quite place it. It smells powerful, dangerous, and almost playful. If I had to compare it ; it's like the smell of gasoline mixed with those salty taffies.

“We're not alone.” I hear Veta and Bahtoh draw their blades as they move in front of Y/N.

Veta pressed a button on his gauntlet to bring up the video feeds inside the ship. He clicked through the cameras rapidly, scanning for what could've possibly infiltrated out sanctum.

“I'm not seeing anything…” Veta muttered as he glanced at Bahtoh - who had brought up his gauntlet as well to instead scan the local area.

“No, but there's a heat trail. Dim and a few hours old, at least.” Bahtoh nodded. “Whoever is on the ship is not from this planet.

》Y/N pov《

“Who could it be? Humans?” I tapped Bahtoh on the elbow while glancing between him and the bay door.

“No, the silhouette is too large to be a human's profile.” Bahtoh assured me as he placed a hand over mine.

The temperature dropped as the sun was finally tucked under the horizon, and a pale purple moon rose into the sky. Ayull made a few motions with his hand that I couldn't understand, but the memo was clear as Veta and Bahtoh moved into action.

Veta and Ayull began to enter the ship through the docking bay while Bahtoh grabbed my hand firmly to lead me away. He stalked low, and I did my best to copy him while we walked around the outside of the ship.

“What are we doing?” I do my best to be as quiet as possible and hold tightly to his big leathery hand.

“Me and you are on standby, Veta and Ayull are confronting our intruder.”  Bahtoh whispered back as he tugged me to crouch in front of him.