Scouts Honor

》Veta pov.《

That was… unexpected, to say the least. The Brave 'ooman was attacked by their "friend", nearly dying, and yet they prevailed. It was amazing!

"You see Ayull," Bahtoh's chest swelled with pride," they have potential. Enough so, that I think they deserve a chance."

"A chance to what?" Ayull, once again, seemed at war with himself. Admiration, disgust, pride, and anger all fought over his mind.

"To prove themself a warrior." I answered, me and Bahtoh wished this. We had never seen an 'ooman so determined, so resourceful, and so odd.

After Ayull questioned me about the Brave 'ooman, the other day. I checked the camera in the docking bay, to see what had shaken him. And they did wake, but they also talked, they had called him "Beautiful". Of course they were probably delirious, and or had a minor concussion. But still they had managed to look upon Ayull, our alpha, without fear or disgust. A feat few have managed.

Ayull stared across the forest, along the path they had used to escape the hounds. "I will consider it, however more testing will be done."

"What kind of testing?" Bahtoh seemed happy, and yet sceptical. Given Ayull's past with 'oomans, he will not be merciful.

"A test of blood. To see if they indeed have the quality of bravery, and not those of a coward." Ayull turned to us. Bringing a whistle under his mask he called the dogs off.

"You wish to insure  that they aren't in fact badblood." It made sense, Ayull has always wanted what's best for the clan. For us.

"Indeed, so we will herd them." He walked off, to go after the small group. 

"Where?" Bahtoh pulled up a map. He always was a true hunter, with places marked for the best hunting. 

"The nesting grounds." Ayull responded, pointing to an area on the map. "A place of love, sacrifice, and easy prey. So let's see how brave your 'ooman really is."

》Y/N pov.《

*gRowL*

My stomach is practically eating itself at this point. I haven't eaten in well over 24 hours, I guess none of us have. Considering that we're all stuck on this stupid rock. But seriously we needed food.

"Could ya keep it down over there?" Zeke smirked. 

"No actually I can't."  Glaring at the back of his head has become a new pastime. He's been such an ass, it makes me wish Tanya had killed me.

"And I'd appreciate it if you shut up." Being snarky has also been a fun pastime. The reactions on his face are oh so satisfying.

"Or what? Ya gonna kill me?" 

I stilled, the blood in my veins turned to ice, and I saw red.

"She attacked me. I was trying to defend myself." My fists clenched at my sides in anger, my teeth grinded in frustration.

'This motherfucking asshole'

"Uh huh sure." He glanced up at Barry who was a few paces ahead.

*SNAP*

A loud noise came from above us. Then the clicking, that same noise from before. When I was taken. They were here. Looking up I saw it, hunched over in a tree, clad in armor, and a spear of sorts in hand. Big was not a powerful enough word to describe it. It looked menacing, powerful, and as if it was hunting something. US.

"RUN!" I bolted. 

'Run, run, run'

My legs moved as fast as they could, my heart pounded as hard as it could. And I ran, I ran cause my life depended on it. Zigzagging my way through the trees, I heard explosions and gunshots. Barry was running somewhat sideways trying to shoot the thing. Zeke is an idiot, screaming the whole time. Trees and dirt erupted from shots fired from the hunter. Trees crumpled and brush turned to ash as we ran.