Flex on the haters

》Y/N pov《

I woke up with a start, the thoughts from my panic attack still floating around in my head. A cold sweat layered my skin, making it feel as though I ran a marathon in Alaska.

'I thought I was done with the nightmares'

I turn over in my "nest" feeling the different textures and smelling the air around to ground myself. The soft leathers are nice and cool, the delicate furs are reflecting my own heat. My eyes roam the empty walls again as my fingers fiddle with Barry's dog tags. The printed letters feel odd, and the chain feels heavy. It doesn't belong to me, I shouldn't have it, I only knew him for a few days. 

Rolling over again to escape these thoughts my body still refused to sleep. The images and emotions in my mind keeping me from sleep.

'I wonder what the others are up to?'

》Ayull pov《

"There are more reports of aliens being kidnapped by 'oomans." Veta tosses a data pad across the table. 

"How many?" Bahtoh growls, browsing down the list of pictures. 

"Twelve." 

My mandibles twitch in frustration, and my blood boils with anger. The attacks are becoming more frequent and volatile. One of the aliens attempted to be kidnapped, was instead killed right out. We have already sent word to Prime about our situation, and our choice to investigate. The council is holding a meeting on whether or not this is sanctioned. Depending on their ruling we will either be granted supplies and backup, or no help at all. Either one doesn't matter, so long as I find out why.

"Has the market issued a curfew?" A good first step in keeping the civilians safe. 

"Yes, but it is a market run town. I doubt half the planet follows it." Veta groans, rubbing his brow.

There is an air of frustration amongst us, we will get no work done in this state. We need to work it out…

"Come let us train." I close the computer and start heading towards the sparring room. "We must clear our minds."

"Alright." Bahtoh speaks for the first time since viewing the footage.

This is a recurring fear of his. I know he is scared it will happen again, that it will happen to him. But he should know there is nothing to fear, not so long as I breathe. 

》Bahtoh pov《

Ayull leads the way through the ship, we pass hall, after door, after mural. I love our ship truly, but right now the same metal walls and sleek floor do nothing to quell this pit in my stomach. That is until we pass a certain door. Then all of a sudden it's like all of my worries have washed away.

The scent is all over this hallway, and is currently coming from the door. It's a sweet smell, like an endangered flower. Or the most poisonous of berries. It smells like Y/N. A purr starts in my chest, as it does in Ayull and Veta. 

"It is a crime that they smell so good." The muscles beneath my skin tense with my refusal to act.

"It really is, do you think they are awake?" Ayull takes a deep breath, practically leaning into the door. 

"What are you planning?" Veta asked, rolling his shoulders.

"I think it's about time we've started their training. Don't you?" Ayull's eyes lit up with mischief.

'Oh, this is gonna be fun.'

》Y/N pov《

Just as I was about to complete my greatest creation, a pile of pillows stacked higher than I am tall, my door flew open. Ayull, Veta, and Bahtoh stood outside my door, most of their armor was off. 

Aside from their loincloths, shin-guards, and various accessories, they were armor-less. Meaning that my eye had plenty of candy. Their muscles and markings on display. Scars littered each of them, all different, all beautiful. 

"May we come in?" Ayull chuckles, interrupting my sight seeing.

"Oh, uh, yeah." As I turn to step out of the nest a blanket with vengeance wraps around my ankle. I stumble back a bit, knocking over my pillow tower.

"What were you doing?" Veta seems genuinely confused. 

"Oh, y'know. Just trying to entertain myself." A small blush moves across my cheeks. 

"If you were bored you could've sent for us. I know a few ways to stay entertained." Bahtoh crosses his arms and winks.

Veta slaps Bahtoh fast and hard, right in the gut. Bahtoh hunches over and laughs with gasps mixed in. 

"How? I can't really leave this room." I stifle a laugh as another round of blush hits my face. 

They all pause a moment looking at one another. Ayull seems slightly irritated, but not with me, with himself. 

"It appears we have failed to teach you about exactly what is on your wrist." Ayull sighs," we can show you later, but for now we have a proposition for you."

"What kind of proposition?" I say wearily. I've read shit like this on the internet, and well… My search history is explanation enough.

"Follow." 

As we pass through the halls we come to a dead end. Except for a door, Veta presses a button and up comes… an elevator? A small compartment just big enough for all of us, lined with silvery walls, and a panel full of buttons. Yep definitely an elevator. 

"How big does a ship have to be, to have an elevator?" I think out loud, looking at all the buttons.

"Well our ship only has four floors. But we have seen ships with many more." Veta brings a hand up to his tresses.

"Woah." My eyes widen at the thought. 

There's a small ding and the doors slide open, revealing a new set of hallways. Unlike the floor we were previously on, these walls are lined with wooden pillars. Making it feel like some sort of dojo. 

Instead of sculpted murals, there are paintings of aliens fighting. Some look like rather modern paintings, others look old. Like ancient old. It smells different here too. Like damp dirt, or a well used garage. I can hear the others chuckle at my childish amazement. 

"I take it you are curious?" Bahtoh purrs from beside me.

"Hell yeah I am! I didn't even know this ship had multiple floors, and now I'm getting to see some new scenery." A wide smile spreads across my face. 

Ayull leads us to a large set of doors, as they whoosh open I am greeted with something unexpected. Sand. The room revealed is huge! With tan metal walls filled with weapons, armor racks, training dummies, and one full wall mirror. Not to mention the floor was covered in … sand. 

"What is this?" I take a step into the room behind the others. 

"This is our training room, where we channel our anger into strength and prepare for tomorrow's battle." Ayull walks over to a pile of bandages, already wrapping his knuckles. 

"Cool" I take in the almost sun-like lighting," but why bring me here?" 

"Is it not obvious?" Bahtoh shifts the sand around his feet. "We wish to train you." 

"Only if you want." Veta adds.

"You want to train me to… what?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"Train you to defend yourself, to hunt like the greatest predator, to kill all those who disrespect you." Ayull grunts, pulling sharply on his wrappings. 

The room fills with silence for a moment.

"REALLY!?"