𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚄𝚗𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙

WARNINGS:
Mentions of dead bodies

*.*.*.*

The ride up was silent. You leaned against one end of the elevator, while Zack stayed on the other. You refused to look him in the eyes, and it was safe to assume Zack did the same.

It was different. The ride took longer than last time. Were the floors differently spaced upward-wise? You wouldn't be surprised if that were true, this building was everything but predictable, which is why it was so bone-chilling.

"That guy I killed called you "detective," that what you are? One of those dumb police people?" Zack eventually broke the silence with inquiry, glancing at you with a glare. Why did it matter to him?

"Yeah, I'm a detective," you confirmed.

"I'm addin' to the deal then." You looked at him with confusion, add to the deal? Wasn't the deal already made? You looked at him questingly. "What?"

"Once we get outta here, you aren't going to call your dumb-ass police people to take me away." So. . .he was smarter than you thought. That was your plan from the beginning of making this deal; the moment you got out of here, the police would be called, and this man would be taken away, along with whoever else was in this building.

"Then let me add to the deal, too." You demanded. "Once we get out of here, if I don't get you caught, then you don't kill." You were already putting a threat on your job, you didn't want to let him go if he was just going to keep killing.

Telling a serial killer to stop killing is like asking a drug addict of years to suddenly stop right there and then. It was practically ineffectual.

"Word gets out that you killed someone outside of here, the police will be tailing you. They won't stop until you're in jail and on death row for your crimes." You threatened.

The elevator doors started to open, and the pungent scent of damp soil permeated your senses. The smell was unmistakable, so much so that you could feel the moistness of such smell. But a rush of cool air contradicted the moistness, and a shiver ran down your spine, goosebumps rising on the back of your neck.

"Deal," Zack said, swinging his scythe over his shoulders and walking out into the new space labeled B4.

"It's freezing in here," Zack complained. He wasn't wrong, the moment you left the uncomfortable but warm elevator, it was like walking into a freezer in a meat house.

This time, the flooring was the opposite of Danny's. The concrete tiles were neatly arranged, and little plants peeked out from the cracks in the walls, adding a touch of greenery to the space; furthermore, adding to the musty smell. About a foot from the elevator's entrance, there were two pools situated on either side of the walkway. They were identical in appearance, wide and in a perfect circle. You couldn't help but wonder what the purpose of those pools was, or if maybe they were just there for show.

"We're only on B4?" Zack asked, clearly annoyed by the fact that he only moved up one floor.

"Do you know anything about this place?" You asked, assuming he did since he's a part of this crazy messed-up game.

"Nah, I only came here cos' they told me I could kill anyone who came on my floor." He answered unsatisfyingly. Knew nothing? How long had he been here just to know nothing about the place he was living in?

"Who's the one who told you?" You asked, noticing that Zack mentioned someone told him to kill people on his floor. But he used them. So would that mean multiple people?