𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚎: 𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗

WARNINGS:
None

*.*.*.*

You gradually come back to consciousness, feeling an embrace of warmth. The heat was just a tad too much. The room is dimly lit with a soft blue tint that washes over your face, providing a sense of comfort. As you slowly open your eyes, you find yourself resting your head against a wooden surface. A glance around the space reveals that you are not in your office at the police department. Far from it, actually. Instead, you find yourself in an empty room, with giant windows in front, and the desk you rest upon is the only decoration the room has to offer. The white noise of the busy office has been replaced by the peaceful silence of the night, and you feel a sense of calmness wash over you.

You looked out giant glass windows, staring at an awe-inspiring view of the starry sky, with the blue moon casting an ethereal glow over everything. Your pigmented irises reflect the moonlight, and you were close to believing the moon wasn't real, but a painting of some sort. The stars glisten like diamonds in the sky, and you can't help but be mesmerized by the sight.

As you continue to take in the scene around you, you can't shake the feeling that something isn't quite right. You remember dozing off at work, but you know that you're not in your busy office anymore. You try to piece together how you ended up here, but your mind is still hazy, and you can't seem to recall anything.

You continued to look around the room slowly, eventually leading you to stand. You grabbed at the crown of your head when your world began spinning, holding the desk for support. When was the last time you had water, instead of coffee? And when was the last time you ate a normal, healthy meal? 

When your hand grabbed the corner of the desk, you instantly pulled your hand away; subsequently, something pricked your finger. Looking down at your hand, you see a wood chip lodged in the webbing of your hand between your thumb and index finger. Quickly, you ripped out the splinter with your other hand, watching as the smallest trickle of blood dribbled down your hand and wrist. Ignoring it, you continued to look around the room, observing behind where you couldn't see when sitting.

This room was anxiety-inducing. It appeared small at first glance, but the longer you stood there, the more inferior you felt compared to it. The space was a perfect square, the blue light from the moon penetrating the walls, it being the only producer of light. The shadows cast by the light made it seem as though the room was alive, ready to swallow you whole.

The walls were white, or at least you assumed they were. The blue tint outside made it hard to distinguish a confirmation of any color. The walls were pristine, appearing to have been painted only a mere few hours ago. However, as you took a deep breath, contemplating, you realized that the room had a musty scent that was at odds with its appearance.

As you continued to scan the room, you noticed a small camera in the corner. The camera was flashing a small red dot, indicating that it was on and recording your every move. You felt a sense of vulnerability as you walked up to the camera, realizing just how tall the walls were.

You called out, "Dan?" looking up at the camera. Dan was your co-worker, your assistant. "This isn't a funny prank," you said, staring into the dark, reflective lens. After waiting a few seconds without any response, you sighed and turned away from the camera. What kind of joke was this? And how did Dan manage to pull it off? Could it have been a group of you and his colleagues from the office? Maybe it was from boredom, just as you, so bored to fall asleep on the job.

You turned away from the camera and saw a rusted metal door in front of you. It was worn and looked out of place compared to the rest of the room. It seemed like the only way out, so you headed toward it. Suddenly, something collided with your foot and slid across the floor. The object eventually slammed against the door and bounced back a few inches. You quickly realized that it was your gun, which you always carried with you.