Sex and violence

INTERIOR - MOTEL ROOM

Camera pans up a man's body under a blanket in bed. Dean is sleeping next to myra who is also asleep.

Sam (off camera): Yeah.

A truck horn sounds. Dean wakes. He turns to see Sam is not in his bed.

Sam (off camera): Yeah, that's what I'm telling you. No storms, no bad crops, nothing.

Dean leans up on an elbow and watches Sam talk on the phone in the bathroom.

Sam: Yeah, okay. We'll keep looking. You keep looking too, OK?

Sam: All right. Talk soon.

Sam hangs up. Dean quickly lies down, pretending to sleep.

Sam enters main room, watching Dean. He pokes him with his bathroom bag.

Sam:: Hey. Up and at 'em, kiddos.

myra: (rubbing eyes) You're up early. What are you doing?

Sam: Nothing. I was in the can.

Dean: Yeah?

Sam: Yeah. You want me to draw you a picture?

Dean: Nah, I'll pass.

Sam: Found a job. Bedford, Iowa. Guy beat his wife's brains out with a meat tenderizer.

myra: Yikes.

Sam: And get this. Third local inside two months to gank his wife. No priors on any of 'em, all happily married.

Dean: Ahh. Sounds like Ozzie and Harriet.

Sam: (smirking) More like The Shining.

myra: All right, well I guess we'd better have a look.

INT - PRISON INTERVIEW ROOM

Man: Why does the PD keep sending you guys? I already said I don't want a Lawyer.

Dean: They're lining up the firing squad.

Man: I'm pleading guilty.

myra: All right, look, you don't want us to represent you, that's fine. In fact it's probably not a bad idea, between you and me. We just wanna understand what happened, that's all.

Sam: Mr Benson. Please.

BENSEN: What happened was, I killed my wife. You wanna know why? Because she made plans without asking me.

Sam: Now when it happened, how did you feel? Disoriented, out of control?

Dean: Like something possessed you to do it?

BENSEN: I knew exactly what I was doing. I was crystal clear.

myra: The why'd you do it?

BENSON: I don't know. I loved her. We were happy.

Dean places some papers on the table and taps them.

Dean: Nine G's. That's a hefty bill.

BENSON: Where did you get that?

myra: Doesn't matter. We have it. See, certain charges, ones you don't want the missus to know...they show up under shady names like 'M & C Entertainment'.

BENSON: I don't know what you're talking about.

Dean: Like dropping plastic at a nudie bar for instance.

Sam: We just wanna know the truth, Mr Benson.

BENSON: Her name was Jasmine.

Sam: She was a stripper?

myra: Dude, her name was Jasmine.

BENSON: I didn't mean for it to happen, I don't like to go to strip bars. My buddy was having a bachelor party, and there she was.

Sam: Jasmine.

BENSON: She came right up to me. And...I dunno, she was just...perfect. Everything that I wanted.

Dean: Well you pay enough and anybody will be anything.

BENSON: It wasn't about the money. It wasn't even about the sex. It was...I dunno. I...I don't know what it was. It's hard to explain.

Sam: And your wife found out?

BENSON: No, she never had a clue.

Sam: Then why'd you kill her?

BENSON: For Jasmine. She said we would be together forever. If...if only Vicki was...

myra: (Under his breath) Muertos.

BENSON: Afterwards, me and Jasmine were supposed to meet and she never showed. I don't know where she lives, I don't know her last name, I don't even know her real first name! I'm an idiot.

Sam: And you didn't think to tell this to the cops?

BENSON: What for? The stripper didn't do it, I did it. And I know what I deserve. The judge doesn't give me the death sentence, I'll just do it myself. ...