After School Special

EXT. HOSPITAL – DAY

We see an outside shot of the hospital.

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM – DAY

Sam is in hospital whites, dressed as an orderly. He is sitting in a chair with a clipboard talking to April.

April: I'm not talking about it anymore. I already told the cops and the Doctors. No one believes me. They think I'm crazy.

Sam: Well, I'm a little bit more open-minded than most. April, why did you tell the police you were possessed?

April: It doesn't matter.

Sam: It matters to me.

April: When I -- when I hurt Taylor, I was there, in my head, but I couldn't control my body. I could see what I was doing, but I couldn't stop. I just wanted to stop. I'm sorry.

Sam: You don't need to apologize. April, some of the kids at school told the police that you and Taylor didn't get along.

April: Well, yeah, but I never wanted to k*ll her. Never. Do you believe me?

Sam: Yeah, I do. Just a couple more questions. On the day this happened, did you... happen to smell anything?

April: Anything... like what?

Sam: Like rotten eggs or... sulfur?

April: Um, no.

Sam: Okay. Um, did you notice any black smoke?

April: What are you, crazy?

INT. Impala – DAY

Sam approaches the Impala, where Dean and Myra are waiting for him, and he climbs in the passenger door.

Dean: So?

Sam: I think she's telling the truth. I mean, the way she talked about being there mentally but not physically -- kind of sounds like demonic possession to me.

Myra: Kind of?

Sam: She didn't see any black smoke or smell sulfur.

Dean: Maybe it's not a demon. I mean, kids can be vicious.

Sam: Well, I mean, we're already here. Might as well check out the school.

Myra: Right. The school.

Sam: What?

Dean: Truman High, home of the Bombers.

Sam: What's your point?

Dean: I mean, we went there, like... for a month a million years ago. Why are you so jazzed to go back?

Sam: I'm not. I just think it's worth looking into.

Myra: All right, well, what's our cover? FBI? Homeland Security? Swedish exchange students?

Sam: Don't worry. I got an idea.

Dean: Okay.

They drive off.

FLASHBACK – EXT. SCHOOL – DAY

"Long, Long Way from Home" (Foreigner) plays while the Impala drives up to the front of the school. Young Sam young Myra and Young Dean get out of the car. The driver isn't shown, but it's hinted that it's a younger John and Jack in the passenger seat

TITLE CARD: TRUMAN HIGH SCHOOL 1997

Young Dean (looks in car window): Thanks, Dad.

Young Dean and Young Sam start walking towards the school.