𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: 𝙿𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝙼𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎

Start from the beginning

You didn't respond to him, you couldn't. Your ears were starting to ring, and it felt so tempting to give in to those relentless chants of sleep. Your eyes started to droop close, your eyelids felt as heavy as plunging boulders. But they didn't close, not fully, because Danny had advanced his hand down on your face and forcibly pried your eyes open. "Don't pass out on me," he demanded.

Your brows furrowed, and you sloppily tried to feel for your gun, which you had dropped upon impact. Where was it? You winced, still trying to reach for it, though you knew nothing of its whereabouts. It was useless, but you didn't stop trying.

Danny started laughing.

"Such determination, even on the brink of death! Your eyes are screaming for me to kill you, so why are you still trying?" His hand grabbed both sides of your face, squishing it. He forced your head off the ground, closer to him.

"It's eyes that are like yours that make me question if dead eyes truly are the prettiest." He mumbled, letting go of your face, letting it fall back to the floor, banging against the tile once more. You wondered if the floors were clean anymore, or if they were spattered with your blood. It felt like your head was oozing blood, but you couldn't determine fully if that was the case. He took his hands off you and brought them up to his face, leaning back in ecstasy. "I feel so blessed!"

"Rachael's dead eyes, and your hopeless ones, no man could ask for any better!" He belched, staring up at the ceiling in utter bliss.

Why did he still spout things like that about a dead girl?

The insolent ringing in your ears stopped, and a new noise entered your range of hearing. The sound of metal against flesh, and the splurging sounds of Danny.

Why was it only until now that your vision started fixing itself?

Did it hate you?

Did it want you to see this horror scene happening right above you?

Of course it did.

"Y-You!?" Danny sputtered, coughing up his blood.

Your eyes widened, recognizing the man stationed behind Danny, scythe lodged deep in the doctor's chest. You recognized the hoodie covered in blood. You recognized the once spotless bandages, now dotted with Danny's blood.

Those heterochromia, aniscoria eyes, filled to the brim with malice.

Danny fell backward, and the monster from the previous floor stomped down on the doctor's chest, laughing at his turmoil. "Heya Danny! I couldn't help cutting you up, you just seemed so happy!" He turned his eyes down to you. "And hello there, looks like we meet again! I decided to follow you up here, just to walk in on the mess you got yourself into." He kicked past Danny, moving to your side and looming over your vulnerable frame. "Aren't you happy that I came to save you?" He asked with a giggle. You didn't respond to him, and his smile slightly faltered. "Hey, you're supposed to be grateful," he said bitterly.

"Whatever," he said with a sigh, standing straight and removing the scythe from Danny's lifeless body, moving the tip of the blade to below your chin. "Ya wanna live?" He asked.

Yes! Yes, you did. But you couldn't find yourself to say anything.

"I'd start running if you do."

You couldn't find yourself to move your body either. Not a single muscle on your body twitched to life. You were as still as a doll in a pristine, fake house.

"Run and hold onto hope! Then I'll cut you up!"

Was there a point in running if you were going to die anyway? You answered the monstrous man with silence.