The room was small but very bright, it had two chairs positioned near the bed that Charles was layed in. First thing I'd noticed was the amount of wires coming from him, he looked battered and bruised with his hair slightly matted with blood. His left arm was wrapped tightly indicating he'd either broken it or injured it pretty badly. When he saw me his eyes suddenly lit up "There she is" His voice was rough with emotion as he reached out a shaky hand towards me.

But I was completely frozen on the spot by his side. My eyes kept wandering over his beaten body, the blood unnerving me the most. I had to swallow the vomit in my throat back with force, I'd never seen someone so vulnerable. So hurt. And it made me physically sick that it was Charles that I was seeing in that state.

"You're shaking" Charles whispered, his unsteady hand had grabbed mine that was resting against the bed railing. As much as I was desperate for some sort of connection amidst the chaos that surrounded us, his touch made me shiver "I'm fine Luce"

"You're not fine you're covered in blood..I mean look at you Charles" I hadn't noticed I'd started crying again my attention was solemnly on Charles in front of me.

"Luce I need you to calm down"

I pulled back reluctantly as I began to frantically wipe my cheeks "Tell me how it happened"

Charles swallowed hard like he was remembering what had happened piece by piece and it was haunting him "The car just lost grip I had no control over it and all I saw was the wall before I flipped over it"

"Oh god" I quietly moaned out as I dropped my head down, a sob leaving my throat again.

"Don't cry baby" He whispered reaching out to me, this time managing to grasp my hand fully. His grip being surprisingly strong considering the state he was in "I'm going to be fine"

"You could've been killed Charles"

"But I wasn't" He spoke softly as he glanced down at our entwined hands "apart from my arm and a slight bump to the head I came away better then I should've"

"That's not the point Charles you shouldn't have been driving that car when you knew it didn't feel right yesterday. And they should've checked it harder" Not that I had began yelling but it was clear I was becoming frustrated as the level of my voice was increasing with each sentence I said. He dropped my hand, his gaze falling to the ceiling as he leant his head back against the pillow "I'm starting to wish you hadn't come here now" he murmured, softly rubbing his bruised face with exhaustion.

"I'm sorry.." My tears were falling harder now as I tried my best to cover my face to attempt composing myself in front of him "It's just..I can't lose you as well"

He sighed heavily, my heart couldn't help but ache at the sight of him like that "Luce" He whispered, his voice barely more then a horse croak "I'm not going anywhere" His lips had curved into a small smile, he reached out cupping my cheek with his palm. I nestled my face into his touch as he brought me down to kiss him. It was a light kiss. A lovers kiss. But it was enough to put my mind at rest.

He then sighed again "If it hadn't been for the halo it could've been worse"

"Why didn't you tell me about Jules?" My words came out in a whisper though it hadn't been my intention for it too.

"I thought you knew" He replied honestly, his voice also keeping quite a low volume "It's not that I don't like talking about him but it's moments like this where it's harder too"

I could only nod my head with understanding, I didn't want to force him to talk about Jules so instead I rested my hand against his forehead stroking it gently. I was still soaked head to toe from the rain and my dress was definitely ruined, I dreaded to think what I looked like in a mirror but that was far from any concerns I had.