Where did that come from? I quizzically stared at the text message and didn't know what to respond.

— No, are you? —

I sent back, confused why she would ask me that. Was I sick? No.

- Just wondering. You left your jacket. —

Okay. I left my jacket so I'm sick. Becky has a weird sense of logic. Was she afraid that I would catch a cold without my jacket?

-I have other coats, I won't get cold :) -

I placed a hand on my forehead, made a cough and felt my throat. No, I didn't feel feverish at all.

-I wasn't snooping, but there fell some things out of your pocket. There was a box filled with little pills. Are you doing drugs? You can tell me if you are -

I almost dropped my phone in shock. Shit.

How was I going to explain this? Even telling her that I was doing drugs would be less bad than telling her the truth. That's why she was talking about the jacket. Stupid, stupid, why did I forget it. How didn't I notice that I was cold when I stepped outside her house? It's practically winter. I was probably still hot and bothered from our little session this morning.

- Oh. They are for a friend. No, they are not drugs. -

For a friend. Yeah, that sounded like the worst lie ever. Sadly, it was the truth. I just didn't tell her that she was the "friend".

- If you need help you can always tell me, right? —

I swallowed a lump in my throat. Now I felt sick. Why was she so supportive and sweet?

— That's sweet, but I'm fine! -

I texted back, hoping that there weren't other things in my jacket that she could find. I racked my brains, trying to remember what I had been carrying around. The pills, a pen, some mints, my business cards, my earbuds, ...Oh god, my business cards. If she found those and googled my company, then hell would break loose. We were online and rather hard to find, but we were findable if you knew where to look.

And even if you found the website on your own, you could only access it by typing in a code. A code that our clients could only receive by getting a business card. My business cards. That was currently in Becky's house. Great.

I lightly banged my head on the table, trying to knock some sense into myself, but it just gave me a headache, so I stopped.

- Shame, I could always take care of you, play nurse and patient ;) —

Becky sent in a definite flirty way. Despite the crisis, I still felt giddy and bubbly inside. I took in a long breath and hoped that she wouldn't find the cards.

- I suddenly feel rather ill ;) -

I texted, going along with the flirting. I mean, I wasn't one not to reciprocate flirting, especially not coming from my girl.

- Why don't you come over later tonight?

Yes! I mean, yeah, sure. The sooner, the better. I needed to get the pills and the business cards out of there. ASAP.

Never understood the need for an abbreviation for "as soon as possible". I always thought it sounded rather rude, but now I could see its use. Sometimes things needed to get done as fucking soon as possible.

We set a time and as always, I counted the hours. This time it wasn't just because I wanted to see her but because I needed those things out of her house.

I had been sitting in my couch, completely ready to go and I still had to wait at least an hour. I checked my watch for the gazillion time and finally decided I had waited long enough. I jumped up, grabbed my coat and ran out the door.

I still arrived too early, so I just stood outside her door, deciding if I should just ring the bell or wait another five minutes. I pulled out my phone and searched her number. After a couple of seconds, she answered.

'Hi, what's up?'

I swallowed and tried to find my cheeriest voice.

'Hi, BB, I'm going to be a bit early' I joked, hoping that she wouldn't mind.

'Oh, okay, how early?'

She didn't sound too upset about it. To be fair, she sounded rather excited.

'About, right now.' I said, while ringing the doorbell. I heard her snicker and ten seconds later, some stumbling in the hall. She opened the door, her phone still pressed against her ear and a big grin plastered on her face.

'You were that eager to see me?' she smirked, still speaking in the phone. I dramatically hung up and stretched out my arms. With a swift motion, I pushed her into her house and followed her body closely with mine. I pressed her against the wall and nibbled on her jaw.

'I guess I was.' I grinned, still placing soft kisses on her jaw. She slipped under my arms and ran back into her house. I got a big grin on my face, kicked the door closed behind me and also ran into her house. The chase went on for a couple of minutes until I finally got her pinned down on the floor.

Both panting, I let my fingers creep under her shirt and grabbed her waist. Still trying to catch my breath I dug my fingers in her belly and started tickling her, making her squirm under me. I didn't keep it up for long. Actually, just to the point where I had caught my breath enough to kiss her. I removed my hands from her stomach and pinned her arms down above her head. I placed my lips on her, going for a soft kiss, but she suddenly freed her arms and flipped me over. The sweet kiss I was going for immediately changed into a heated lip-lock. Not that I minded.

After some fun on her floor, we moved to the couch and got ourselves some wine.

She slung her legs over mine, as always.

'Oh, by the way, I placed your stuff on the counter, next to your jacket' she casually mentioned, while sipping her wine. I cautiously waited, preparing myself for some questions, but she didn't ask any. She just grabbed a newspaper and waved it in front of my face.

"You want to make the crossword together?' she proposed, looking around for a pen, I presume. I nodded, stood up and pointed at her kitchen.

'Yeah, sure, I'm just going to grab my stuff and put them in my other coat. You know, so I definitely won't forget them.' I said, trying to calm my nervously pounding heart. She absentmindedly nodded and clicked the pen, drawing a smiley face next to the crossword.

'Okay, I'll wait' she smiled, already studying the puzzle. I quickly moved towards the kitchen and grabbed my things. The pills were placed neatly back into the box, laying on top of my jacket. Next to it was my business cardholder. I opened it and noticed that some cards were placed upside down. I always put them in the right way, so I knew that Becky had touched them. Maybe she hadn't really read them, but I'm pretty sure she had. It was pretty hard not to.

Shit.

If she went onto the website, she would figure out what I did for a living. And since she was smart, she would probably question our relationship. She was going to ask me about it and I was at a point that I knew I wouldn't be able to lie to her.

I was going to lose my job and Becky. Great.