[Eight Hours Later]

"Everyone have a seat. Today is a special day for our rookies. 'Cause today we switch things up. That's right. Everybody gets a new training officer. Nolan, you'll be riding with Officer Lopez. West, and Solokov, you'll be riding with Officer Bradford. And Chen, you'll be with Bishop. But learning how to navigate a new T.O. is not your only challenge. By the end of next shift, I expect every rookie to uncover something personal about their training officer, something they don't want you to know. This will be a test of your investigative instincts and your fortitude. Best insight will win a day off. Worst one handles Saturday night cavity searches. That's it. Good luck." Grey says before dismissing them.

As everyone starts to file out of the room, Lopez turns to Bradford.

"you got yourself a secret admirer today" Lopez smirks, talking to Bradford.

"West?" Bradford huffs. "of course I do"

Lopez just nods, not telling him that he's wrong.

[Five Minutes Later]

"excuse me, sorry" Elle apologizes as she moves to the front of the three rookies talking right in front of the quartermaster counter.

The other rookies don't acknowledge her presence as Elle gets gear for herself, Jackson, and Bradford. 

Bishop is already in the garage, tilting her head when she sees Elle carrying three heavy bags. Her small figure looks even tinier in comparison to the massive bags she's carrying. Bishop just rolls her eyes in amusement and turns back to her own shop.

Elle loads up the shop while Jackson gets into the passenger seat.

Bradford grabs his arm and pulls him out of the passenger seat "uh uh, she gets front seat" 

Jackson looks confused on who he means by 'she', until Bradford tilts his head to Elle.

Elle looks like a deer in headlights, looking between the two. Jackson is the first to move, getting into the back seat. Bradford raises an eyebrow. 

"thank you, sir" Elle rushes back and gets into the passenger seat, with Bradford closing the door once she's settled.

[Ten Minutes Later]

"how you doing, boot?" Bradford asks, aiming his question towards Elle but Jackson answers.

"really good" Jackson pipes up.

Bradford grits his teeth.

"and you?" Bradford inquires.

"I'm good, sir" Elle replies.

"This is gonna be a great day. I was glad when Sergeant Grey paired us up." Bradford remarks, talking to Elle.

He's being honest, he's heard about her marksmanship and he's curious to see whether the rumors are true.

Elle opens her mouth to respond but Jackson again thinks the comment is aimed at him.

"You were?" Jackson asks.

Bradford grips the steering wheel a little bit harder,  deciding to pull one of his regular stumps to break rookies "Yeah. Being a police officer is in your DNA. It's gonna be my privilege to - " He slams on the breaks.

"I've been shot! Where are you, Boot? I'm bleeding to death. You have to call for help. Where are you?" Bradford exclaims, explicitly looking at Jackson.

"North Mansfield, cross street is Beverly Boulevard. There's a medical center on Third Street, but I would see that you were taken to Cedars. Better trauma center. And the best coffee in L.A. is two blocks down." Jackson responds.