"We don't know Lucinda" Was the only thing he was able to say "We'll know more once we hear from Charles over the radio"

"Luce please just calm down" I could tell she was trying to stay strong for me, but I saw the tears escaping her eyes mixing with the rain. Toto had taken me in his arms and guided us over to the Mercedes pit wall as we looked on at the screens waiting for something. Anything. A red flag had been deployed directing all the drivers back into the pit lanes.

The deadly silence was broken after only a few seconds but what felt like an eternity. Not by Charles's voice but by a crew member that had ran across to the scene.

"We're going to check his condition. Stand by"

I was shaking uncontrollably in Totos embrace. I was thankful for him in that moment, not that I had ever properly interacted with him. But that didn't stop him from instantly being there for me. Like a father figure almost. I didn't care at that point if my reaction had been spotted and people had finally caught onto everything that had been happening, my only focus was Charles.

The noise of several cars came from behind me as I turned to see the drivers parking up. The second I saw George and Lewis, me and Leigh instantly made our way over to them. Lewis had just managed to strip his helmet away when he hoisted Leigh up into a tight embrace. George however look startled, like he'd been going through the same thoughts as me. The look in my eyes was clear, I wanted answers some sort of explanation but all he could do was look down as he sat back against the halo of his car.

"George please tell me you saw him or saw something"

He hesitated for a second "He's alive"

Those two words were enough to nearly make me collapse from relief. Alive. Breathing. My Charles alive.

"But the crash was nasty Luce..I haven't seen one that bad since" His voice cracked slightly as he swallowed back a visible lump in his throat "Jules"

The name that forever broke my heart when I heard it. My eyes wandered to the halo that George was sat on. Jules didn't have that. But Charles did. I had to have to some hope. He had to pull through this for him.

"The car was in pieces and all I could see was flames..I didn't see Charles but he must've gotten out by now somehow" Lewis said, offering me a small reassuring smile but unfortunately for him it didn't shift anything in me. It was like I wasn't in my own body anymore and I was watching everything from outside myself, I didn't even feel George pull me into a hug almost immediately. But when I did I felt myself breakdown in his arms, the numb feeling I had for so long had finally gone.

"It will be okay Luce he will be okay"

I had to believe in his words like no other. Who else better to trust then the people who knew this sport better then anyone. Knew him better then I did.

"How long till we know" Leigh asked sombrely, wiping her tears which made Lewis clutch her more. I could faintly hear the crys and yells from the grandstands in the distance and it didn't take long for several media cameras to dominate the pit lane. But I really didn't care. Being in George's arms was the only thing keeping me from ripping every camera in sight away.

"I don't know hopefully any minute now" But just as George was finishing his sentence the noise from the stands became louder, causing us to turn to a screen visible to our eyes inside Charles's garage.

All could be seen was visual shots from a helicopter as the paramedics crowded the mangled car. Several people could be seen picking up parts of the car that was crowding where Charles should've been and discarding them on the floor. I held my breath until i felt faint, not daring to move.